British Speedway Forum
SUPERACE

Belle Vue v Sheffield, Monday May 17th 7:30pm

1 minute ago, Jonny the spud said:

Not a question of being symptom free... he had Covid in January, it was just a positive test earlier in the week that was followed up by two negative ones. He was kicked off his flight last night and fined as he’s now on a quarantine list.

He spent right up until another flight left this morning trying to get the list revised. even driving to the UK would have been a €5,000 fine. 

Didn't realise he had been positive back in Jan

Doubly frustrating that he is at the mercy of potential false positive tests now then as seems to be the case

Having tested positive myself around 10 weeks ago and only getting back close to feeling normal very recently I have an empathy with anyone affected

I thought rising stars were to be at number 7? Or can they be at number 6 too? :blink:

9 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I thought rising stars were to be at number 7? Or can they be at number 6 too? :blink:

RS can ride at 6 or 7.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ShrewsburyWolf said:

Can someone just confirm for me that r/r rules are the same as two years ago in that anybody except for Batch can take the r/r rides...

Yes

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Sheffield say Ellis wasn’t allowed to board last night due to his positive test so will be R/R

No disrespect to Adam or Sheffield, absolutely the right decision.

When I read he gave a positive test, there really is no other action than isolating.

1 hour ago, Jonny the spud said:

Not a question of being symptom free... he had Covid in January, it was just a positive test earlier in the week that was followed up by two negative ones. He was kicked off his flight last night and fined as he’s now on a quarantine list.

He spent right up until another flight left this morning trying to get the list revised. even driving to the UK would have been a €5,000 fine. 

Would this make him not available for Thursday as well then ? I’m reading that as if he has to quarantine now he’s on the list ?

16 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Would this make him not available for Thursday as well then ? I’m reading that as if he has to quarantine now he’s on the list ?

Sheffield have made no further press releases since the match preview on Sunday.

To be honest, if there wasn’t a guest or rider replacement, would it be British speedway?

• Haha 3

How’s the weather been in Manchester today please?

Been a bit hit and miss on god’s side of the Pennines if the truth be known… but not enough to cause any problems hopefully 

Well I am in Chester, maybe 25 miles west, we had some rain, not a lot, this morning but now blue skys. I would imagine would be similar but bit later time at BV.  The track at BV is ok with rain like today’s. Will provide a good race track, just need the racers.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cue Ball said:

How’s the weather been in Manchester today please?

Been a bit hit and miss on god’s side of the Pennines if the truth be known… but not enough to cause any problems hopefully 

Rain upto 2pm fine and sunny since club posted picture of track all systems go for a Aces win :t:

My lad just predicted that Worrall would get excluded for tapes..

Just asked him for six numbers for this weekend....:D

• Haha 1

Decent start for the novice rising star....:rolleyes:

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, mikebv said:

My lad just predicted that Worrall would get excluded for tapes..

Just asked him for six numbers for this weekend....:D

and they are ?

• Haha 1