British Speedway Forum
SUPERACE

Belle Vue v Sheffield, Monday May 17th 7:30pm

Wind it on!

Great to see speedway back!

And the Chuckle Brothers commenting.

We were missing our 3rd Heatleader (Adam Ellis).

We take a point at Belle Vue (For me the best team in the league on paper)

I will take that everyday.

Every Sheffield rider got at least a win or paid win (Exception Batch).

Jack Holder was superb for me think he is going to score lots of points this season.

Special mention for James Wright who surprised me, rode a great race in heat 2.

Sedgman and Howarth had their moments.

Bates did not look too much off the pace.

Slight concerns about Batch who did not look comfortable all night.

If we had Adam Ellis in the team I think things could have been better   for us.

Belle Vue

I think were a little bit disappointing 

Bewley and Kurtz took time to get up to speed.

Worrall's Richie had a decent meeting, but I Steve was poor.

Charles Wright can do much better.

Thought the two reserves did well.

I liked the new Euro Sport production, although I thought there was a definite bias towards Belle Vue  

1 hour ago, spin king said:

We were missing our 3rd Heatleader (Adam Ellis).

We take a point at Belle Vue (For me the best team in the league on paper)

I will take that everyday.

Every Sheffield rider got at least a win or paid win (Exception Batch).

Jack Holder was superb for me think he is going to score lots of points this season.

Special mention for James Wright who surprised me, rode a great race in heat 2.

Sedgman and Howarth had their moments.

Bates did not look too much off the pace.

Slight concerns about Batch who did not look comfortable all night.

If we had Adam Ellis in the team I think things could have been better   for us.

Belle Vue

I think were a little bit disappointing 

Bewley and Kurtz took time to get up to speed.

Worrall's Richie had a decent meeting, but I Steve was poor.

Charles Wright can do much better.

Thought the two reserves did well.

I liked the new Euro Sport production, although I thought there was a definite bias towards Belle Vue  

You got 6+1 for Ellis, that’s more then his usual scores at Belle Vue. In his last 2 meetings there in 2019 he scored 3 & 5. 

I thought that it was a great advert for (current) British speedway. Unpredictable, exciting and the result in doubt until the end. Sort of "happiness is 40-38" for the younger generation.

Both teams looked rusty at times and you could tell that Holder and Bewley are already getting up to speed, but give the others a break, they've had nearly 18 months off their bikes, give them a chance.

I'd also like to say Eurosport did well, for a first meeting they did well and Abi Stephens was excellent as an anchor.

• Like 1

Ok meeting (maybe spoiled by Torun & Grudziadz at weekend), took a little while to get going as did all the riders except Holder who was quick from the start. IMO these two teams are easily the two to beat In the Premiership this year.

Think most riders will be satisfied with their evenings, except:

Batchelor poor, no real excuse he's been good at NSS in past. In general experienced riders start the season well, easily the most experienced rider on show.

S Worrall. Poor, slow, never in contention.

Kurtz. Can he perform when pressure is on? No pressure and he looks phenomenal. Not sure I'd want a #1 with such attributes.

I enjoyed the meeting...some good Speedway on a great track.

Result in doubt throughout meeting,presentation by Eurosport was good.

Riders with Poland meeting experience really shone,but other riders put in good efforts.

I have to say I enjoy listening to the Chuckle brothers...great banter.

Hope weather behaves itself tonight as I am off to the Kings debut meeting.

Good meeting for the first one on Euro sport. A few rusty performances and it was easy to spot the lads who have had some racing this year. Regardless of Ellis previous performances at Belle vue I would expect him to have got more than r/r with having ridden in Poland. If Bachelor gets his finger out I think we can have a good season. I find it a bit worrying when jack holder says him and Ellis may miss the occasional meeting. I suppose we are in the hands of the covid pandemic so hardly surprising 

Why no Jye in ht 14? Lemon's tactics not so great again. Etheridge off gate 1 beat Holder in ht 4. Strange decision. 

Quite an entertaining meeting and clearly a few were rusty.

Holder was excellent and looked very quick and Etheridge looked fast when he made the gate but not quite as quick when he didn’t.

I though gate 4 was awful and a big disadvantage to anyone off it, Quite impressed with Eurosport I think they did a good job.

:nono:

Edited by GAH

On 5/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, Rob B said:

Only when entering stadium and indoors eg toilets. Once in socially distanced viewing position don’t have to wear mask. 

Really, we all kept ours on for the night, must be the difference in rules from our councils .... surprising!!

A big mistake in the graphics pre meeting about twenty minutes in  the graphics showed Helmets and Googles when pearson was explaining the rules

5 minutes ago, Trees said:

Really, we all kept ours on for the night, must be the difference in rules from our councils .... surprising!!

You in the wide open air shouldn’t need one If socially distanced, don’t have to wear one walking in the park. Don’t even have to wear one inside a pub now. 

1 minute ago, Dornier said:

A big mistake in the graphics pre meeting about twenty minutes in  the graphics showed Helmets and Googles when pearson was explaining the rules

Also it said broadside instead of broadslide

Edited by Rob B
  • Confused 1

Is this repeated tonight or during the week, was up the pub last night