Is this repeated tonight or during the week, was up the pub last night

One hour programme on Quest tonight at 2300 hrs...freeview

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bruno said:

Is this repeated tonight or during the week, was up the pub last night

Quest at 11pm I think

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Trees said:

Really, we all kept ours on for the night, must be the difference in rules from our councils .... surprising!!

From what I understand it's the same here in ipswich,  masks on unless eating and drinking. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think you’ll find he was banging his head in frustration at keeping it low round the last bend allowing King to fly round him. 

Batchelor riding an absolute bag of spanners.

Wasn't it an E/F.

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Good meeting for the first one on Euro sport. A few rusty performances and it was easy to spot the lads who have had some racing this year. Regardless of Ellis previous performances at Belle vue I would expect him to have got more than r/r with having ridden in Poland. If Bachelor gets his finger out I think we can have a good season. I find it a bit worrying when jack holder says him and Ellis may miss the occasional meeting. I suppose we are in the hands of the covid pandemic so hardly surprising 

If Holder/Ellis were available for this meeting during the pandemic,you would like to think they should be available for all the other meetings especially as the rules are easing a bit.If it's a clash with other meetings that would be Sheffield's problem.

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Also it said broadside instead of broadslide

I've always thought it was a broadside   

"with the side turned in a particular direction.
"the yacht was drifting broadside to the wind"

They also showed the score at one point as something like 62-32, this was about half way through the meeting directly after a heat, or were they giving heat times?  I only noticed it once.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Wasn't it an E/F.

It looked from the brief clip on the telly that he made the wrong choice to hug the kerb presumably expecting King to divebomb him and realised as King went round the boards, hence hitting himself round the head :D 

Good meeting, enjoyed the Eurosport presentation the female host Abi made me laugh sounds like she has a peg over her nose lol.

Batchelor was awful and that was no engine failure he just didn't fancy it hope he comes good though Sheffield deffo look good though.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

It looked from the brief clip on the telly that he made the wrong choice to hug the kerb presumably expecting King to divebomb him and realised as King went round the boards, hence hitting himself round the head :D 

Pretty sure an announcer mentioned an E/F,not sure if it was Edwin or the other announcer,may have even been the one on Eurosport.

2 hours ago, nw42 said:

I've always thought it was a broadside   

"with the side turned in a particular direction.
"the yacht was drifting broadside to the wind"

They also showed the score at one point as something like 62-32, this was about half way through the meeting directly after a heat, or were they giving heat times?  I only noticed it once.

It's definitely broadside

• Like 2

Good meeting last night. MOTM was Tom Brennan, who's super  defeat of Batch was vital in securing the win. Seems he was on  a guarantee, much like he was at Poole a few seasons ago when guesting for BV. All in all a good nights entertainment for the cameras.

Great to have speedway back, enjoyed that, was an ok meeting and i wont take anything from anyones form form after 18 months away, need to give them a few meetings at least.

Expect Batch to score poorly for a few weeks till his average is low enough for championship, by that time he will be replaced by holder at 1 and bang in some points for sheffield.

5 hours ago, Rob B said:

You can't really trump stuff from the early days of dirt track racing with some modern mag where the editor has probably got things wrong as evidence

A pic of early Australian rider Ray 'broadside' Taylor

https://justsolos.homestead.com/RayTaylor.html

Or Maldwyn Jones in 1916 being the first rider to 'broadside' a bike

http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk/Origins of Motorcycle Racing.htm

Edited by iris123