British Speedway Forum
SUPERACE

Belle Vue v Sheffield, Monday May 17th 7:30pm

10 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You can't really trump stuff from the early days of dirt track racing with some modern mag where the editor has probably got things wrong as evidence

A pic of early Australian rider Ray 'broadside' Taylor

https://justsolos.homestead.com/RayTaylor.html

Or Maldwyn Jones in 1916 being the first rider to 'broadside' a bike

http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk/Origins of Motorcycle Racing.htm

Don't be mean, Rob surely  knew he was on dodgy ground when he googled broadslide and all it came up with was the option to automatically change it to broadside, or that magazine link.  

It was broadside when I was a kid and it's never changed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Great to have speedway back, enjoyed that, was an ok meeting and i wont take anything from anyones form form after 18 months away, need to give them a few meetings at least.

Expect Batch to score poorly for a few weeks till his average is low enough for championship, by that time he will be replaced by holder at 1 and bang in some points for sheffield.

There maybe an element of truth regards Batch, only riding in the UK, doing only meetings in the Premiership cannot be viable for him.

Jack Holder has been on fire last season and the start of this season in Poland, so I expected him take the number 1 spot or get close.  

6 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Expect Batch to score poorly for a few weeks till his average is low enough for championship, by that time he will be replaced by holder at 1 and bang in some points for sheffield.

I was of the understanding that the qualification for doubling up was set against the average at the start of the season and therefore Batch is not eligible this year regardless of what his average falls too.....

If you listen to one of the no brakes podcasts he virtually says what he's doing 

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

If you listen to one of the no brakes podcasts he virtually says what he's doing 

Sheffield wont be happy with him then, as he deffo cost the Tigers all the points

19 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Great to have speedway back, enjoyed that, was an ok meeting and i wont take anything from anyones form form after 18 months away, need to give them a few meetings at least.

If the normal rules apply, all riders that have an average and ridden in meetings from the 17th to 23rd inclusive will be updated on the 1st June.

Edited by IronScorpion
just checked 2020 regs

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

Sheffield wont be happy with him then, as he deffo cost the Tigers all the points

Wont make too much difference to them I would think as virtually guaranteed to be play off contenders.. 

Might be saving them a few quid too if Batchelor doesnt score too heavily in the first month given he will be one of the top earners.. 

Having their 'perfect septet' for play off time will be their aim..

Holder at 1 and the rest can get moved around as and when..

He probably had a downside agreement? nothing new in this sport, remember Peter Karlsson got axed by Lakeside for "costing them too much money" despite his form being poor and not scoring much at the time?

I am pretty sure if a heat leader racing at the highest level scored 0-R-F-0 they will not be going home with just travelling expenses.

Wonder which second division team he’s already agreed to join? 

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Wont make too much difference to them I would think as virtually guaranteed to be play off contenders.. 

Might be saving them a few quid too if Batchelor doesnt score too heavily in the first month given he will be one of the top earners.. 

Having their 'perfect septet' for play off time will be their aim..

Holder at 1 and the rest can get moved around as and when..

The sooner he is packed off back down under for good the better if this is  what he's doing, no consideration for the paying public regardless of whether or not the club are content for him to do it.  I've never liked his attitude to speedway anyway, too many times he's moaned about track conditions when others have just gone out and raced, good riddance to him when he's gone.  I'd much rather watch the likes of Tom Brennan giving it their all than some lazy Aussie who doesn't give a toss.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He said that a team was willing to take him on his 13 point average, so probably a team thats under the limit

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Won't be a 'P' team, both are already top heavy!

Edit - Scunthorpe, Newcastle and poss Kent is quite low. If he is already up north with travelling to Sheffield then Newcastle or Scunthorpe would make sense.

Edited by lisa-colette

2 hours ago, nw42 said:

The sooner he is packed off back down under for good the better if this is  what he's doing, no consideration for the paying public regardless of whether or not the club are content for him to do it.  I've never liked his attitude to speedway anyway, too many times he's moaned about track conditions when others have just gone out and raced, good riddance to him when he's gone.  I'd much rather watch the likes of Tom Brennan giving it their all than some lazy Aussie who doesn't give a toss.

Take it Troy isnt on your Xmas card list then?:D

On 5/19/2021 at 4:05 PM, lisa-colette said:

Won't be a 'P' team, both are already top heavy!

Edit - Scunthorpe, Newcastle and poss Kent is quite low. If he is already up north with travelling to Sheffield then Newcastle or Scunthorpe would make sense.

Newcastle pay rates ,no chance.