Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
SUPERACE

Belle Vue v Sheffield, Monday May 17th 7:30pm

Has stadium capacity gone up since mondays news, site wont let me book a single ticket for the grandstand?

14 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Has stadium capacity gone up since mondays news, site wont let me book a single ticket for the grandstand?

Capacity hasn’t gone up, they have added some extra tickets on east side (3rd bend). There was a mixture of single and pairs of seats in grandstand, all the single been sold and only a few pairs left. 

If the seating plan doesnt open up I guess that means all seats available taken.

Maybe wise to get booking for the Peterborough meeting end of May, 30th. Some sections of seating are filling up, and it seems only Section 4 on the back straight has standing availability.

And if you want to see the first Colts match, grandstand seats on bend 4 are now few, easier pick for bend 1.  And usually no standing on back straight for Colt matches.

Edited by OveFundinFan

Arnt stadiums allowed to open or have i miss read that wrong in the newspaper?

20 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Arnt stadiums allowed to open or have i miss read that wrong in the newspaper?

Government announcement on Monday was that stadiums can open up to a maximum of 50% capacity but every local council is to assess this, Manchester City council have said Belle Vue can have 33%.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Government announcement on Monday was that stadiums can open up to a maximum of 50% capacity but every local council is to assess this, Manchester City council have said Belle Vue can have 33%.

What are the chances old trafford get told u can only have 33%

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

What are the chances old trafford get told u can only have 33%

Old Trafford and the other big stadiums are only allowed 25%

13 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Old Trafford and the other big stadiums are only allowed 25%

Thats shut me up :rofl:

4 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Old Trafford are allowed 10,000.

Yes about 13.5% of capacity

A 3 hr slot on tv for 15 races is a bit much plus a 3 hr drive home am pleased i cant get a ticket lol

3 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

A 3 hr slot on tv for 15 races is a bit much

Why?

You'd rather watch those boring 5-hour programmes based around 22 men kicking a pig's bladder for 90 minutes?

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Why?

You'd rather watch those boring 5-hour programmes based around 22 men kicking a pig's bladder for 90 minutes?

No way at all , its speedway and rugby league for me although after what " town" have done to derwent park wont be watching them again.  Eurosport will drag the meeting out so its better for me to watch at home but would have loved to have been their but long journey on a work day back to cumbria head is ruling the heart .

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

A 3 hr slot on tv for 15 races is a bit much plus a 3 hr drive home am pleased i cant get a ticket lol

Sky started off with 3 hours initially didn't they but went to two as they struggled to fill the time, and the fans moaned it took too long to complete the meetings when they were at the track..

Maybe if Eurosport have screens at the tracks, so those there can watch the interviews and analysis between races it would help...?

I remember the 3 hour Sky matches and they did drag, so much so I eventually didn't bother attending them..

And lots of empty spaces doesn't look good when trying to sell the sport...

It does look like there has been some thought and planning gone into their production so let's hope it proves a catalyst for better times for the sport..

• Like 1