British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Predictions

Love these especially as people get so precious about it. There are plenty of unknows from both the untried and returning riders but the top two have the picks of the rookie reserves, home advantages and solid scoring throughout.

1.            Eastboune
  2.            Mildenhall
  3.            Kent
  4.            Leicester (were higher but loss of Halder has big impact)
  5.            Belle Vue
  6.            Berwick
  7.            Armadale
  8.            Newcastle

If Kelsey Dugard has matured and sets his mind to it he could keep Newcastle of the bottom and I expect JPB to be a big success at Belle Vue

Kent look a bit vulnerable

1 Eastbourne

2 Mildenhall

3 Belle Vue

4 Leicester

5 Kent

6 Berwick

7 Newcastle

8 Armadale

With the tight restrictions on Guests the real winner will be the one that avoids injuries and does not need to have a guest..

1 hour ago, Hunters said:

If Kelsey Dugard has matured and sets his mind to it he could keep Newcastle of the bottom and I expect JPB to be a big success at Belle Vue

Kent look a bit vulnerable

1 Eastbourne

2 Mildenhall

3 Belle Vue

4 Leicester

5 Kent

6 Berwick

7 Newcastle

8 Armadale

With the tight restrictions on Guests the real winner will be the one that avoids injuries and does not need to have a guest..

I had wandered if A.Guest was a rider for many years. Berwick don't look to shabby & i won't be writing Kent off just yet.

1. Eastbourne - They look like champions elect. They have everything: a stand out number 1, genuine second and third heat leaders, second strings who will progress and probably the best reserve in the league. 

2. Mildenhall - Another solid team with genuine improvement all through the order and probably the second best reserve in the league. If either of the second strings drop down, they’ll become the league’s best reserve. They have a top 3 that maybe on paper aren’t as strong as some but all are on an upward curve at a track they know well and can beat anybody.   

3. Belle Vue - Much will depend on the returns of JPB & Compton but in a weakened league they should only be troubled by other team’s top 2s. Coles is a steady improver and their second strings will beat most around the NSS. That leaves the McGurk brothers to mature at their own pace at reserve and they should feed well off each other. 

4. Leicester - I could’ve put them 3rd but it depends on who replaces Halder, if it’s like for like or another 3.00 rider. The Thompson twins and Lawlor’s scoring should win them meetings at home themselves. 

5. Kent - I really fancied them last season but the lower points limit hasn’t helped their team. Mulford will be one of the better reserves and if Bursill or Clouting drops down then he should be too. But a few question marks too: does Ledwith have an incentive to improve, are their top 2 good enough on the away tracks against some over powered top 2s and an unknown in Warren. 

6. Berwick - If there was a pairs competition I’d have them as favourites. If Blair rides to his previous average then he should put a couple of points or so on his mystery figure too. But it remains to be seen whether MacDonald & Douglas, who have been around a while, have a break out season and whether Rathbone kicks on at a new track. 

7. Armadale - Another amazing number 1. But lacking back-up. Phillips & Woolley hve been consistently at the same level for a while now and then there’s 3 newbies plus Davies. 

8. Newcastle - Clegg may well end up the leagues highest average rider and would be the NLRC favourite, if it ran. But beyond that I’m struggling to find heat winners. RTD is second heat leader but he’s recently had spells at reserve. Freeman looks a tidy little rider who I think has a bright future, but he’ll soon end up in the main body. Plus Alcock has the pressure on him of a debut Championship campaign. 

1. Kent           
  2. Eastboune
  3.  Mildenhall
  4. Leicester (were higher but loss of Halder has big impact)
  5. Belle Vue
  6. Berwick
  7. Armadale
  8.  Newcastle

After the chance to have a little re-think and looking at the improvement just made with Couzins in for Bursill and potential other proactive movements (Len hates a losing team) im going to plump for Kent to topple Eastbourne. It will take a little fortune in both fixtures but Kent do have two number 1's, Ledwith has got his silly falls etc out the way and if he shows some dedication could easily put 2 points on his average. The rest is solid and might just have the composure edge over the Eagles. That said it feels like the title could be decided very early this season.

1st Eastbourne

2nd Mildenhall

3rd Kent

4th Berwick

5th Newcastle

6th Leicester

7th Belle Vue

8th Armadale