British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest compost

Workington v Edinburgh 29th March 1981

Guest compost

Can anyone with a Programme (not from the Star or other mag) tell me the times of heats 4 & 6 please ?

I've got heat 6 as a track record time of 74.8 but heat 4's time is given as 74.5 !

Thanks

I don't have a marked programme but the Workington programme of 12/04 has the track record of 74.5 credited to Ian Hindle.

Guest compost
3 hours ago, bigdave said:

Speedway Researcher has the full meeting details:

workington1981.pdf (speedwayresearcher.org.uk)

Heat 4 74.5

Heat 6 74.8

Dave, it's the researcher file I'm querying (actually the complete year one). If you look they have the heat 6 time marked as a record but the heat 4 time is, if correct (and DaveAllan indicates it is), faster and therefore the track record instead.

Just the usual nit picking or, if you prefer, just searching for accuracy.

Thanks.

I've looked back through my early 1981Workington home programmes and subsequent meetings state that Ian Hindle held the track record of 74.5 seconds that he broke at the 29/3/81 meeting.

I have also checked the completed scoresheet in the 29/3/81 Workington v Edinburgh programme for that meeting and Heat 4's time was written as 74.5 seconds. As Ian Hindle did not race in Heat 6 of that meeting, I do think that it was Heat 4 where he broke the track record.

FYI. My copy of the scoresheet for that meeting has the time of Heat 6 as 75.0 seconds.

Guest compost
5 hours ago, bigdave said:

I've looked back through my early 1981Workington home programmes and subsequent meetings state that Ian Hindle held the track record of 74.5 seconds that he broke at the 29/3/81 meeting.

I have also checked the completed scoresheet in the 29/3/81 Workington v Edinburgh programme for that meeting and Heat 4's time was written as 74.5 seconds. As Ian Hindle did not race in Heat 6 of that meeting, I do think that it was Heat 4 where he broke the track record.

FYI. My copy of the scoresheet for that meeting has the time of Heat 6 as 75.0 seconds.

Thanks Dave, much appreciated.