British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marko

Premier Sports, worth the money?

3 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I’m clearly not “most people” then and, by your definition, I suspect most people on here are not “most people”. I’ve heard of a VPN, but would have to look up Smart DND or Streamlocater. I assume they are all available at a cost. 

Try not to look up a Smart DND....as it is a Smart DNS! As you rightly say you are “clearly not most people”!!

Edited by Mr Snackette

6 minutes ago, Mr Snackette said:

Try not to look up a Smart DND....as it is a Smart DNS! As you rightly say you are “clearly not most people”!!

Clearly, you didn’t read my reply…..

and I spotted my mistake as soon as I posted but it doesn’t actually change anything. I’ve never heard of Smart DNS nor Smart DND but am happy that my life is not diminished because of that. But I guess my bank balance will be better off. 
For the record, I watched British speedway tonight live on Eurosport. On channel 411 on my tv. I’m not sure if that makes me a Smart anything, perhaps just a viewer. 

22 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Clearly, you didn’t read my reply…..

and I spotted my mistake as soon as I posted but it doesn’t actually change anything. I’ve never heard of Smart DNS nor Smart DND but am happy that my life is not diminished because of that. But I guess my bank balance will be better off. 
For the record, I watched British speedway tonight live on Eurosport. On channel 411 on my tv. I’m not sure if that makes me a Smart anything, perhaps just a viewer. 

yes recorded it and watched it since (was at K Lynn) - good to see the sport back and well presented on tv (have e-mailed Eurosport to thank them - think they have a 5 year contract )

On 5/12/2021 at 8:47 AM, iainb said:

I watch most of it on FFWD the next day, the beauty of Speedway is you're most unlikely to hear the result before you watch it especially Polish Speedway lol. 

To be fair, everybody will be different but from my social media, conversations and daily internet browsing there is no way I wouldn’t find out the result until I watched it on replay the following day.

Also, more importantly for me, you can’t beat live sport. Watching a sporting event back is never the same as when it’s real.

Yes if u can get it for £5 month lol

Had it last year when it was free for a few months, just had no interest in the meetings .......

Edited by Trees

At £11.99 a stream in UK.£10.99 a month for Polish and Swedish matches( whenever they are shown) think it is good value.

39 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

At £11.99 a stream in UK.£10.99 a month for Polish and Swedish matches( whenever they are shown) think it is good value.

Well i for one wouldn`t touch them with  a barge pole !! Sunday`s top match Wroclaw v Leszno(6.15pm) "we are showing Poland Sunday`s" first showing 6pm on Monday.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Well i for one wouldn`t touch them with  a barge pole !! Sunday`s top match Wroclaw v Leszno(6.15pm) "we are showing Poland Sunday`s" first showing 6pm on Monday.

Only comparing with British streams.I normally used your links ,but this season they seem not to be working on I Pad,unfortunately.Highly unlikely to know result so really doesn’t matter to me when it’s on. It 

In my opinion total waste of money far better to stream .

After watching the so called coverage of Friday's matches, I'd say a categoric NO!

It's no exaggeration to say that almost every broadcast this season has had some sort of fault with the coverage. The quality of the picture has quite often been abysmal with pixelated images, jerky movement, garbled, choppy stuttering sound, race highlight music playing during races and on Friday there being a 10 second delay between the sound and commentary and the pictures being shown.

Quite frankly from a subscription TV service I expect and demand better than this!

At least when Eurosport was cr@p it was free

Was anybody else experiencing the same issues as me with the PS coverage?

I'm experiencing the same choppy picture and sound with the Swedish Speedway on PS now! Is anybody else? Or am I the only fool on here that actually subscribes to PS?

8 minutes ago, Eagle69 said:

Same here nearly every meeting so far has had a problem of some sort

Thanks, I've been on to PS about this and they came back to me blaming my equipment, I knew it wasn't, good to have confirmation though.

Thanks for replying, I'll get onto them again, telling them I'm not the only one having issues