British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

European pairs championship MEP 2021 final Macon Saturday 24th July

3 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Do you have to attend a meeting to have an opinion? 

Certainly not, but if someone who knows  absolutely nothing about what went on, the conditions,track,opposition or ref decisions  and just base their insulting opinion on the final result, then they  just come across as a bit of an internet dïckheäd. 

still… if the cap fits. 

Sounds like excuses to me

3 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Do you have to attend a meeting to have an opinion? 

Certainly not, but if someone who knows  absolutely nothing about what went on, the conditions,track,opposition or ref decisions  and just base their insulting opinion on the final result, then they  just come across as a bit of an internet dïckheäd. 

still… if the cap fits. 

Yawn yawn yawn… maybe next time I will try and travel across three continents during a pandemic before voicing my opinion because some mediocre riders dad thinks I cant comment without being there .

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Yawn yawn yawn… maybe next time I will try and travel across three continents during a pandemic before voicing my opinion because some mediocre riders dad thinks I cant comment without being there .

I just said someone… you took it as you. 

as I said. If the cap fits …..

11 hours ago, iainb said:

As it was an FIM(E) (whoever they are) event surely the riders would have been compelled to ride.

Or was it down to the host club promoters to assemble the field? In which case should it have been FIM(E) sanctioned?

Somebody somewhere has decided that this event should have a weakened field, who and why?

FIME is the European department of the FIM.

The federations decide which riders go to FIME events, same as with FIM events.

20 hours ago, Pinny said:

Well you didnt seem to like my original post did you, as said a rubbish performance from team GB.   Gloss it over all you like. 

Do you now have to attend a meeting to be able to comment on it? Lol! 

I guess thats what happens when you send two riders who aren't even in their country's top five riders though. Assuming all our decent riders were tied up elsewhere?

I would have thought Adam Ellis was in our top five, certainly he was one of the Brits in the GP qualifying rounds and made the Challenge comfortably. I'd imagine he'd only be behind Bewley as top Englishman in the PL averages this season.

20 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I think you will just have to accept it`s 2nd division. Extraleague boys wouldn`t get out of bed for the pay rates on offer !!. As i said before even the SEC was 2nd rate before Onesport got involved and got it on TV. Also one should remember that all FIM Europe events were not recognised by the BSPA until a few years ago- their reasoning was that they were comp`s unnecessary in a crowded calendar and therefore no facility was granted for riders missing meetings over here to ride in UEM events. It was only pressure from the ACU/SCB that we should as a nation take part that forced the BSPA to change their policy.

I do accept it, I have no choice other than to I just don't get who decides that we (most teams) aren't going to put our strongest line-up out to try and win the event. We've not even treated it as a development opportunity by sending Chris Harris out and only giving Tom Brennan 1 ride.

Is it a matter of the federations are told what the pay rates are for the meeting and then each federation approaches the riders to see which ones will accept the booking?

Edited by iainb

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

I do accept it, I have no choice other than to I just don't get who decides that we (most teams) aren't going to put our strongest line-up out to try and win the event. We've not even treated it as a development opportunity by sending Chris Harris out and only giving Tom Brennan 1 ride.

Is it a matter of the federations are told what the pay rates are for the meeting and then each federation approaches the riders to see which ones will accept the booking?

Basically i would imagine yes. Riders are far more interested in GP qualifying and SEC qualifying than the other UEM meetings. Some on the way up will use these European meetings to gain experience of foreign tracks and to put themselves in the shop window. For all these meetings FIM Europe ask which federations want to take part- Covid has caused numerous problems for FIM Europe as many countries have declined to take part which has resulted in cancelled and curtailed comps. Another problem is finding tracks willing to put these type of meetings on- some countries are better than others and that often reflects on the allocations given in the individual comps.

if the meeting had been earlier in the evening (it started at 9) at a 'normal' time i honestly think GB would have won, the track was perfect for them and there was certainly confidence around.

and i still have no clue what the cause of a stoppage was other than GB being on a 5-1 in their first heat against the French

5 minutes ago, stevehone said:

if the meeting had been earlier in the evening (it started at 9) at a 'normal' time i honestly think GB would have won, the track was perfect for them and there was certainly confidence around.

and i still have no clue what the cause of a stoppage was other than GB being on a 5-1 in their first heat against the French

In the next French heat when Bergé jumped early, pulled back and mucked up his own start. He was last, therefore penalising himself.. instead of being left to run it was pulled back. 

Then they got another 5-1 from the restart. 

After that I asked my mate what was the nationality of the ref.  

( bet you can’t guess)

43 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

In the next French heat when Bergé jumped early, pulled back and mucked up his own start. He was last, therefore penalising himself.. instead of being left to run it was pulled back. 

Then they got another 5-1 from the restart. 

After that I asked my mate what was the nationality of the ref.  

( bet you can’t guess)

Italian is my guess- Guiseppe Grandi  :D        FIME Referee: GRANDI Giuseppe FMN: FMI License No: 14472

Edited by racers and royals
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2021 at 1:26 PM, Pinny said:

Well you didnt seem to like my original post did you, as said a rubbish performance from team GB.   Gloss it over all you like. 

Do you now have to attend a meeting to be able to comment on it? Lol! 

I guess thats what happens when you send two riders who aren't even in their country's top five riders though. Assuming all our decent riders were tied up elsewhere?

This aged well……..

• Like 1