British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest compost

Edinburgh 1966

Guest compost

Hi

Long shot but can anyone confirm from a Programme (Not from the Speedway Researcher or Speedway Star) the Edinburgh Track record going into the meeting on the 16th April 1966 ?

The Edinburgh file on the researcher website has Jansson, on the 9th April,  posting a record time in the second half of 64.6 but the all season file shows a track equalling time of 65 secs during the meeting on the 16th April.  I suspect the all season file is incorrect here and just wasn't able to pick up the previous meetings second half time but need clarification.

Many thanks

C

3 hours ago, compost said:

Hi

Long shot but can anyone confirm from a Programme (Not from the Speedway Researcher or Speedway Star) the Edinburgh Track record going into the meeting on the 16th April 1966 ?

The Edinburgh file on the researcher website has Jansson, on the 9th April,  posting a record time in the second half of 64.6 but the all season file shows a track equalling time of 65 secs during the meeting on the 16th April.  I suspect the all season file is incorrect here and just wasn't able to pick up the previous meetings second half time but need clarification.

Many thanks

C

Bengt Jansson did set a record of 64.6 in the second half on 9th April 1966 and the programme for the meeting on 16th April confirmed this.

• Like 1

Guest compost
2 hours ago, BL65 said:

Bengt Jansson did set a record of 64.6 in the second half on 9th April 1966 and the programme for the meeting on 16th April confirmed this.

Thanks BL65 (and many thanks for your PM to my Southampton query too).