British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Aces v P'boro Panthers BHM (31/05) Midday...

2 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I agree that the track was awful.

You know something is wrong when Bomber Harris can't pass the likes of Worrall, Bewley and Kurtz.

There are a number of world champions, including the current one, who couldn’t pass Bewley. 

• Like 2

Can't comment on the evenings meeting - wasn't there 

Panthers deserved a point in Manchester as the Ace's were just too inconsistent but Peterborough had every ounce of luck available.

Kurtz & R Worrall had forced their way past Pedersen down the back straight in heat 1 but both lifted violently on turn 3 which sent them both very wide allowing Pedersen through.

Worrall also had an engine failure in heat 8 - which was probably the best race of the day, Worrall v Ostergaard at the front Etheridge v Andersen at the back.

As for Kurtz, I'm not a fan but he was the only rider on show that could match Bewley for pace. Was unlucky in his first ride, looked like a novice in his second.

Gate 2 seemed atrocious to me, sure stats will back that up.

11 hours ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Please enlighten me then...

Try 7 paid 9 from 4 rides with two heat wins at Ipswich

Edited by KIRKYLANE

9 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Panthers crowd tonight must have been touching 1,000.

Very good effort.

Hopefully the gate money tonight can be used to sign us a decent number 1.

7 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

More than 1,000 people were there IMO.

So which was it?

30 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

So which was it?

He/She/They* obviously thought that it was one of their alter egos answering the second time...

He/She/They* spent most of the thread agreeing with Himself/Herself/Themself* and probably got a tad "confused"....

Which seems to happen to Him/Her/Them* quite a lot...

* Delete as applicable due to personal identifying protocol.... 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Looks like bomber has been on the joe screen diet   

That was a subject of interest years ago , then it was decided the 'blow up ' body protector was to blame 

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

He/She/They* obviously thought that it was one of their alter egos answering the second time...

He/She/They* spent most of the thread agreeing with Himself/Herself/Themself* and probably got a tad "confused"....

Which seems to happen to Him/Her/Them* quite a lot...

* Delete as applicable due to personal identifying protocol.... 

;):lol:

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Would be a rip off to Lynn fans if that happened. If Cookie couldn't ride for Buster at the AFA, then he can't ride for Buster at the Showground.... Surely :nono:

Never say never but Buster has binned Cookie before he even raced for Peterborough a year or so ago and after 1 match for KL

• Like 1

Was just watching what was going on in the pits after last nights match while I was waiting for the traffic to clear (crowd was surely more than 1,000!!) and there were a lot of "known" faces have a long look at and discussion about one of the rear tyres.

I wonder if it'll become a story?

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Was just watching what was going on in the pits after last nights match while I was waiting for the traffic to clear (crowd was surely more than 1,000!!) and there were a lot of "known" faces have a long look at and discussion about one of the rear tyres.

I wonder if it'll become a story?

Was that Bewley's tyres? Would explain his speed.

57 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Was that Bewley's tyres? Would explain his speed.

No, it was Harris' spare tyre.  Would explain the difficulty zipping up his kevlars.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Dodger Blue said:

That was a subject of interest years ago , then it was decided the 'blow up ' body protector was to blame 

Indeed. And Bomber certainly looked slim enough in his 'civvies'. All the 'senior' riders did to be fair - not sure I was as slim as them when I was in my late 30s /early 40s!!

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Never say never but Buster has binned Cookie before he even raced for Peterborough a year or so ago and after 1 match for KL

I think you will find it was Cookie that couldn’t agree terms.

9 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I think you will find it was Cookie that couldn’t agree terms.

Something to do with bike covers being in the club livery... Then for almost every other rider to not adhere to those terms

Not seen any pics from this season but is Bomber using the wacky longtrack style rear guards and hugger or did they get outlawed?