British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Plymouth - Championship - 21.5.21

1 minute ago, brylcream boy said:

Apart from the score, how did you enjoy your trip to your second favourite club.

Apart from the result it was ok,surprised at the size of the crowd looked pretty sparse,but at least we have speedway back and we are up and running 

4 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Cook and Ruml looked awful.

Goret struggled but he never gave up, He'll come good but may take a season to get going.

Bowtell didn't look great but have seen him do well in the past I'm sure he'll be fine.

Exactly this i actually thought Goret looked fast on track but was terrible out the gate! 

Cook and Ruml and Bowtell were a mile off the pace 

Pedersen very good was a class above everyone 

Crump was a little disappointing but hes my favourite all time rider so might just of been my un-realistic expectations 

Scunny looked decent but will have far harder tests, was surprised by Pjiper though looked fast..  

Track was pretty poor today and basically a Pedersen dream track of which he took full advantage and was very good but understandable considering weather etc. 

8 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Cook and Ruml looked awful.

Goret struggled but he never gave up, He'll come good but may take a season to get going.

Bowtell didn't look great but have seen him do well in the past I'm sure he'll be fine.

Sorry,have to disagree,was that not the first time any of them had ridden the track? I may be wrong,they were off the pace a little but not by much,they all look to have potential.hardly any falls amongst them either.

18 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

For anyone that was at the meeting today were the four Plymouth riders who failed to beat an opponent as bad as their scores suggest or were there any signs of optimism? 

For me Goret looked like he had some pace however the others were really quite bad Theo Pijper and Kyle Howarth were nearly a straight clear after one lap in one of the heats 

• Thanks 1

Can only wonder why the referee put crump back 15 metres,for protesting at autys tyre warming? He spoilt what was potentially a damn good speedway race, Scunthorpe had the meeting won,but he should have used his discretion and not penalised him.again the paying public get short-changed because of one act of lunacy by the ref..

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

For me Goret looked like he had some pace however the others were really quite bad Theo Pijper and Kyle Howarth were nearly a straight clear after one lap in one of the heats 

Kyle and Theo though have had numerous laps,know the racing lines,set up etc,wasn't it their first ever visit to the ewr?

Have the rules changed on guest riders 7 days before as I’m sure Kyle Howarth will be back with Leicester this week ?

I’ve said for a few seasons now that the track is nothing like it used to be...yes it’s very smooth and easy to ride but as for going into the dirt line for overtaking and getting past opponents it never hardly happens as shown today because the amount of effort that the riders put in to overtake there’s no grip whatsoever and it’s so frustrating for us spectators  never mind the riders. 

• Like 1

Big risk going with three untried foreign riders in the top five, you can see Plymouth getting more hidings away from home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Was their a good reason to stop it??

Black tyres matter:D

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

I’ve said for a few seasons now that the track is nothing like it used to be...yes it’s very smooth and easy to ride but as for going into the dirt line for overtaking and getting past opponents it never hardly happens as shown today because the amount of effort that the riders put in to overtake there’s no grip whatsoever and it’s so frustrating for us spectators  never mind the riders. 

I thought that, how many times have you seen someone going from last to first or second by blasting round the boards. Always gets the crowd going as well.

Good all round team performance tonight.. was awesome to have an atmosphere there too! 

Pick for rider of the night - Jordie Palin, if he can carry on riding like that, he'll be a star for the Scorpions, also very impressed with Josh MacDonald!

Yes I agree first few heats was similar nature but after that it seemed like hard graft to overtake anyone very disappointing..but still it was an ok meeting with some close racing but to many strung out heats which is not normal viewing at the EWR

10 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

I thought that, how many times have you seen someone going from last to first or second by blasting round the boards. Always gets the crowd going as well.

19 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Yes I agree first few heats was similar nature but after that it seemed like hard graft to overtake anyone very disappointing..but still it was an ok meeting with some close racing but to many strung out heats which is not normal viewing at the EWR

Think that was more to do with the majority of the opposition being really poor than the track 

54 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Big risk going with three untried foreign riders in the top five, you can see Plymouth getting more hidings away from home. 

Promoters dream for paying points money.