British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Plymouth - Championship - 21.5.21

6 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Think that was more to do with the majority of the opposition being really poor than the track 

Does that apply to the lady 3 seasons 

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

First of many results like that for the devils I think.

Dont tell Lewy that, he will be crying for months on end

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Have the rules changed on guest riders 7 days before as I’m sure Kyle Howarth will be back with Leicester this week ?

They changed a couple of seasons ago. You are not allowed to GUEST at the same track within seven days. That rule doesn't apply if one of the teams is your own club, so Howarth is fine riding for Leicester.

11 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Dont tell Lewy that, he will be crying for months on end

I won't be crying every meeting in the championship is a win for me,but agree it will be a tough year but the team will improve i,m sure,scunthorpe will be hammer alot of team at erw,not half the racetrack it used to be a bit gate and go.

2 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

I’ve said for a few seasons now that the track is nothing like it used to be...yes it’s very smooth and easy to ride but as for going into the dirt line for overtaking and getting past opponents it never hardly happens as shown today because the amount of effort that the riders put in to overtake there’s no grip whatsoever and it’s so frustrating for us spectators  never mind the riders. 

Spot on even in amateurs meetings it doesn't take long for the motorway groove to appear & them lads & lasses arnt going at the pace of the likes of auty & howarth etc . Mr G could easily have the best track in the UK if he put decent material on it

10 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Spot on even in amateurs meetings it doesn't take long for the motorway groove to appear & them lads & lasses arnt going at the pace of the likes of auty & howarth etc . Mr G could easily have the best track in the UK if he put decent material on it

It used to be the best track when it had plenty of dirt on it..certain riders a few years ago requested it to be slick and smooth and it hasn’t changed since 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

It used to be the best track when it had plenty of dirt on it..certain riders a few years ago requested it to be slick and smooth and it hasn’t changed since 

I would still say the track created some great racing far better than a lot these days! I think your being a little over critical just because Plymouth didn’t have the depth to compete with Scorpions in all heats today ! 

Not really I’ve said it on numerous occasions over a number of seasons 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shrimmy said:

Unfortunately most riders want slick tracks these days:(

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Unfortunately most riders want slick tracks these days:(

Which makes poor racing #gate&go

• Like 1

The problem with the track is keeping the water in it, we have loads of rain recently and yet its still going dusty quickly. More dirt might help.

Like everything else the ERW track surface has a lifespan & each time its prepared & raced on compacts the surface just a little more until it cannot compact anymore. That is where it is now, The moisture will not stay in the surface because it just can't penetrate the crust that has become so hard & thick.

The only way to revive it is to cut it up & relay it with fresh clay content, it takes time & effort to bring it back & for a while the racing will suffer & there will be complaints from all sides but the end result is worth it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Not really I’ve said it on numerous occasions over a number of seasons 

your right mate track is a shadow of its former self . you would never of got 4 riders hugging the kerb in heat 15 a few years ago they would of been passed easily by riders on the dirt line which is not there at the moment.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

your right mate track is a shadow of its former self . you would never of got 4 riders hugging the kerb in heat 15 a few years ago they would of been passed easily by riders on the dirt line which is not there at the moment.

Have to agree.

Track changed when Steve Worrall was in the team and didn't like the outside dirt line. Now he's gone who dictates the track conditions, the current senior  riders, or trackman Rob???