British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Kent vs Leicester Tuesday 18th 6.30pm

So championship speedway finally arrives at Central Park. Very hard to predict as 2 of the home team and 5 of the guests will have never ridden the track before. If Bacon and Starke can score well in the engine room. And Nicholls and Heeps take to thier new home then Kent could surprise the defending champions. Around Central Park I have to favour Morley and Gilkes over the twins (a reverse of what I expect at Beaumont park).

I think what ever the result just seeing live speedway again after so long away, and with the added spice of the historic first "professional" speedway meeting it will be an evening to celebrate whatever the result.

• Like 1

Have to say this ,I have been looking forward too this meeting for ages....Championship Speedway at last.

Got the look of a close meeting....just hope the weather behaves.

Edited by blueherb777
  • Like 1

I fear the big hitters for the Lions might have a little too much fire power for the Kings but hopefully should be kept close. The Kent engine room and reserves will have a big say on how close. Still uncertain about Hurry at this level so will certainly get a few questions answered. Also keeping fingers crossed for the track improvements to be positive and likewise the step up in racing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I fear the big hitters for the Lions might have a little too much fire power for the Kings but hopefully should be kept close. The Kent engine room and reserves will have a big say on how close. Still uncertain about Hurry at this level so will certainly get a few questions answered. Also keeping fingers crossed for the track improvements to be positive and likewise the step up in racing. 

I looked at the weather pattern in the area and it looks very wet. Could make life difficult for all the riders.

39 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

Meeting postponed

Yes. I just had a call to tell me that bad news. Not surprised with all the rain about.

UNREAL!.....April dry as a bone....and May turns into a wash out?????

Only in Speedway.:(

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

UNREAL!.....April dry as a bone....and May turns into a wash out?????

Only in Speedway.:(

At least the tickets roll over until next week, if required. Saves a lot of hassle.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

At least the tickets roll over until next week, if required. Saves a lot of hassle.

Very true....and with Leicester moved to next month...means tasty looking fixtures all through June! :D

It may be the right decision to call this off this early but went to Lynn last night despite a horrific weather forecast.

The BBC weather as usual was totally wrong. There was one heavy downpour against a forecast of non stop rain and the track staff did an absolutely wonderful job because not only was it rideable it was raceable and good action was the result.

It makes me think what can be achieved if you want to get the meeting on as proven at the last but one match at Kent against Belle Vue in the 2019 PO semi.

When the weather is doubtful I think Kent just throw the towel in.

I will know later when the forecast rain does or does not arrive but at the moment it is full on sun here.

5 minutes ago, OldHawk said:

It may be the right decision to call this off this early but went to Lynn last night despite a horrific weather forecast.

The BBC weather as usual was totally wrong. There was one heavy downpour against a forecast of non stop rain and the track staff did an absolutely wonderful job because not only was it rideable it was raceable and good action was the result.

It makes me think what can be achieved if you want to get the meeting on as proven at the last but one match at Kent against Belle Vue in the 2019 PO semi.

When the weather is doubtful I think Kent just throw the towel in.

I will know later when the forecast rain does or does not arrive but at the moment it is full on sun here.

To be fair to kent. With restricted Stadium access and the dreaded 20.30 curfew, there is no chance of delaying the start. I have a 100 mile round trip to Central park, so I'm glad a decision has been made. 

• Like 1

Prompt call of by Len....... he’s been in the business long enough to know when he can/cannot get a meeting on. 

Currently absolutely torrential rain here.... been coming down hard for the past 15 minutes.  Track must be under water I should think. Looking at the sky very grey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

To be fair to kent. With restricted Stadium access and the dreaded 20.30 curfew, there is no chance of delaying the start. I have a 100 mile round trip to Central park, so I'm glad a decision has been made. 

That is a very good point.  At Kings Lynn there is 100% access every day and no time restrictions. Kent is the exact opposite.  With 6 dog meetings

every week plus an 8.30 curfew on race day, life must at times be difficult. I have been watching the weather forecast at Sittingbourne all last week

and it has virtually been non stop rain.

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Prompt call of by Len....... he’s been in the business long enough to know when he can/cannot get a meeting on. 

Currently absolutely torrential rain here.... been coming down hard for the past 15 minutes.  Track must be under water I should think. Looking at the sky very grey. 

Warm and sunny here.

Len Silver has always as far as i know called meetings off early in the day if it doesn't look like it can go ahead. At the end of the day if the track has taken a soaking in the preceding days it's not going to take a lot more to make it unrideable. At the end of the day he's been a promoter for donkey's years and has probably forgotten more than some of us know about the sport, the riders seem to like riding for his teams as they all seem loyal towards him as he is to them. Maybe having an old fashioned business style and paying your riders on time is the way forward.