British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Attendance Figures

There have many many comments in threads about attendance figures over the years

There is an opportunity for someone that has the time and inclination (not me :)) to solve the riddle this year

All stadium capacity figures must be available  somewhere and the online ticketing shows how many spaces remain

Take one from the other and you have the attendance  (apart from Foxhall which is the only place offering on the night sales I believe)

Anyone up to the challenge????:lol:

I understand you can pay on the night at Scunthorpe, unless they have already sold the maximum number, which I believe is 1000.

Personally I think online sales only will effect attendances.Whilst I realise it may be necessary when attendances are limited, I feel Clubs have to get back to pay at the gate as quick as possible when allowed.Another downside is how many Online sites are also charging a booking fee,not much be said about that,but you can bet it will be happening in some cases.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Personally I think online sales only will effect attendances.Whilst I realise it may be necessary when attendances are limited, I feel Clubs have to get back to pay at the gate as quick as possible when allowed.Another downside is how many Online sites are also charging a booking fee,not much be said about that,but you can bet it will be happening in some cases.

With another issue being getting fans to buy into purchasing tickets in advance to attend a sport that is so impacted by rain...

Especially at those tracks that have 'tourists' who may only be in the area for a week so a 'free entry to the next five matches' won't be of any use to them..

Maybe it's time to offer full refunds if matches are called off? Easy to do with card payments..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Personally I think that online sales and booking in advance will slowly kill off many attractions if not addressed when things get back to some sort of normality. I know it's off topic but I won't be renewing my English Heritage membership until I'm able to visit when it suits me and on a whim and not to have to book a time slot and/or date in advance.

• Like 5

There are lots of ticketing apps available, that generally charge 10% of ticket price as the booking fee, you get a bar/QR code sent to your phone. The organiser can scan the codes using there phone. Maybe the BSPL should have looked into getting their own App for all tracks tickets, then any profits generated by ticket sales will go to the BSPL. Or they could have linked up with one of the Ticketing apps and offered them lots of promotion of their Brand over the season. 

22 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Leicester at 50p!

55 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Leicester at 50p!

Typical Leicester. :rofl:

Ipswich and kings Lynn charge no booking fee but both have raised admission prices.  Ipswich by a pound and king’s Lynn 2 pounds

dont forget the fuel taps bruv posted

"All stadium capacity figures must be available  somewhere and the online ticketing shows how many spaces remain "

Wishful thinking. All these figures are a closely guarded secret ......

Somehow speedway attendances in the UK have remained "top secret"  - cash only admission for many many years although credit cards are now accepted at some tracks...... (used banknotes only ??) 

One can only speculate why this should be......

On 5/17/2021 at 7:14 PM, Fromafar said:

Berwick £1 per ticket.

But refunded by programme purchase!

10 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

dont forget the fuel taps bruv posted

"All stadium capacity figures must be available  somewhere and the online ticketing shows how many spaces remain "

Wishful thinking. All these figures are a closely guarded secret ......

Somehow speedway attendances in the UK have remained "top secret"  - cash only admission for many many years although credit cards are now accepted at some tracks...... (used banknotes only ??) 

One can only speculate why this should be......

I've never really understood that , most other sports  publish attendance figures, football clubs brag about how many season ticket holders they have , Cricket Counties can tell you how Man members there are , yet in speedway the figures are more guarded than the Crown Jewels 

44 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

But refunded by programme purchase!

Does anyone think a programme is worth £3.We all know it’s VAT scam.:rolleyes:.Pull the other one.:t:Does everyone in family buy a programme.?

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Does anyone think a programme is worth £3.We all know it’s VAT scam.:rolleyes:.Pull the other one.:t:Does everyone in family buy a programme.?

I always buy 2 programmes, one to fill in, one to keep

• Like 1