British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IronScorpion

New 2021 Supplementary Regulations v2

After someone had posted a link to the new regulations for '21, I had a quick scan through & noticed a strange rule. It was included in the Tyre Warming section. Initially, it said 15m handicap for 1st offence then 2nd starting offence, disqualification with no replacement. I took this as meaning 2 of the following offences being tyre warming, missing 2 minutes, facing wrong way in preparing start(gardening) & tape infringement.

In the NEW v2 version dated 10th May, this has now been amended to 2nd tyre warming offence, rider disqualified & no replacement allowed.

Another change is a Rising Star can ride at either 6 or 7 at the Team Managers discretion. When the issue of a match average has been achieved, the riders positions will be determined by the normal regulations.

As we know, Rising Stars have been brought in this year to aid a British riders progression in the sport. One rider per team in the Premiership & Championship in 2021 which will rise to two per team (unless changed) in 2022. A comprehensive list was brought out & published on the BSP Ltd site with these riders graded from 1-4 depending on average & experience. What it did not state is how long riders are Rising Stars & how they move up(or stay the same) year upon year. Do all the 4* riders move out of this programme next year? Do the riders move up 1 star in 2022? Do the riders move depending on an average achieved during 2021?  

As a matter of interest, when was the regulation that prohibited a Guest or RR facility being given for a rider that had never ridden for a club, removed from the rule book?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, uk_martin said:

As a matter of interest, when was the regulation that prohibited a Guest or RR facility being given for a rider that had never ridden for a club, removed from the rule book?

• Haha 2

On 5/20/2021 at 5:47 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wrong. Much more recent than that.

And then reinstated every year since then...

And then removed sometime every year since then....

And then reinstated again..

And then removed again.. 

Etc  etc etc .

All in the interest of Speedway obviously...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2021 at 1:39 PM, uk_martin said:

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Wrong. Much more recent than that.

1974?

It's a rule that the Brummies came a cropper under in 2007 when Emiliano Sanchez was unable to ride in his first fixture and the Brummies had to track a 3 point NL reserve.

I'm pretty sure that I saw the rule still in the book around 2010(ish) but it doesn't appear to be there now, as has been witnessed by Sheffield on Monday and Birmingham today fielding guests for riders who've not ridden for these two teams before. I was just interested when the rule was dropped?