British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Plymouth v Poole 22/6/21 K.O. Cup 7pm

Ok where do we all park? Dies the look like much parking at the stadium. Help please.

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ok where do we all park? Dies the look like much parking at the stadium. Help please.

Steve, we use the park and ride and walk the short distance. Its free parking. The business parks there are for limited times, do not park there.

Come off the Expressway by Sainsburys, go right, under the  flyover, but keep in left hand lane. When you see McDonalds, go past, and then turn left at the lights. Keep straight on, dont turn right. Car park on left.

OR you can pay £2 and park inside the stadium!

See you there.

Edited by BobC

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just as BobC says although there is plenty of parking at the stadium I use it each week :) 

see you there. 

safe travels 

Yes there is a big place to park in the park and ride car park (free) with just a short walk to the stadium or you can park in the actual stadium for £2

18 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Coming down for this. I believe if we can keep it down to ten points or less we should go through. Both our two Aussies will probably not like it very much. At least Ben Cook has seen racing there spannering for his brother! 

...and Danny King has done well guesting for them!!

If there’s space at the stadium I will park it there. Thanks for the tips. Aiming for 5.30 pm.

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If there’s space at the stadium I will park it there. Thanks for the tips. Aiming for 5.30 pm.

Should be good for 530 as gates only open at 5. 

Goret must be on borrowed time.

Is he a really bad trapper or was he missing the gate on purpose in the GP qualifying meeting at Glasgow last weekend?

He looked poor.

My first visit to St Boniface and a nice, albeit little setup they have there. Nice friendly people and a decent crowd inside, considering England were playing. 

Track is a bit on the tiny side making passing almost a bit impossible. Think there were only three passes after the second bend all night, one where Hume passed Bowtell, another where S hole in forced his way passed Bowtell, who took offence of the move after the race ended and one almighty clanger from the ref when Hume passed Ruddick on the run in to the line after Ruddick lifted. He won by half a bike minimum and I thought by a bikes length, yet the ref awarded 3rd to Ruddick, to the dismay of Poole and Plymouth fans across from the start line who had all filled in their programs. A real shocker of a call.

Track was very slick in the second half of the meeting and in heats 13 and 15 Plymouth had their best 2 riders on one and three to pull back the scoreline, but really they were never in it. Poole dominance all the way. 

Crump was in attendance and defended Schleins move, though it was a hard one. Crump said it’s how to pass when it’s tough conditions. 

For Plymouth, Bjarne was excellent. On it and class. Lawson backed him up but had one fall when chasing and in third. The rest need to up their game and time must be against Goret and Ruml. Bowtell tried but met his match. Zach Cook rode really well I thought.

For Poole the strength in depth was too much. Worrall was the stand out, backed by Schlein, King and Neilsen. Kellerher won his first race in the U.K. Cook tried but struggled in the small confines. Hume deserved a further paid 2 points which the ref took away.

Second leg a formality so it looks like Eastbourne in the next round.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

20 hours ago, Devil said:

Yes there is a big place to park in the park and ride car park (free) with just a short walk to the stadium or you can park in the actual stadium for £2

Whenever I have been there, people seem to park in the road down to the track!

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

My first visit to St Boniface and a nice, albeit little setup they have there. Nice friendly people and a decent crowd inside, considering England were playing. 

Teack is a bit on the tiny side making parking almost a bit impossible. Think there were only three passes after the second bend all night, one where Hume passed Bowtell, another where S hole in forced his way passed Bowtell, who took offence of the move after the race ended and one almighty clanger from the ref when Hume passed Ruddick on the run in to the line after Ruddick lifted. He won by half a bike minimum and I thought by a bikes length, yet the ref awarded 3rd to Ruddick, to the dismay of Poole and Plymouth fans across from the start line who had all filled in their programs. A real shocker of a call.

Track was very slick in the second half of the meeting and in heats 13 and 15 Plymouth had their best 2 riders on one and three to pull back the scoreline, but really they were never in it. Poole dominance all the way. 

Crump was in attendance and defended Schleins move, though it was a hard one. Crump said it’s how to pass when it’s tough conditions. 

For Plymouth, Bjarne was excellent. On it and class. Lawson backed him up but had one fall when chasing and in third. The rest need to up their game and time must be against Goret and Ruml. Bowtell tried but met his match. Zach Cook rode really well I thought.

For Poole the strength in depth was too much. Worrall was the stand out, backed by Schlein, King and Neilsen. Kellerher won his first race in the U.K. Cook tried but struggled in the small confines. Hume deserved a further paid 2 points which the ref took away.

Second leg a formality so it looks like Eastbourne in the next round.

Does the referee have to send in a match  report about the match Steve?? if so could he change the result of his error on the Hume/ Bowtell incident .Surely Danyon should not be penalised and hit in the pocket.

Edited by Sidney the robin

We sat one yard, first bend side of the finish line and I was convinced Danyon has nicked it on the line. I was shocked the referee awarded third place to the Plymouth rider !!!! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

We sat one yard, first bend side of the finish line and I was convinced Danyon has nicked it on the line. I was shocked the referee awarded third place to the Plymouth rider !!!! 

After all these years and you still didn't notice the ref is the one with a white stick.:drink::blink: