Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

EASTBOURNE V NEWCASTLE 22nd May

Really looking forward to this and that first meeting 'smell' from the bike fuel.

Unfortunately CL meeting looks rather lopsided, It was 59-31 in 2019 and whilst I think Eagles are stronger primarily with Brennan and Kemp for Morley and Bowtell Newcastle are much weaker losing all three heat leaders and only recruiting Ben Barker at that level.  They have done the right thing to try and ensure survival and I hope they can spring some surprises.

The NL should be a much better match with three clashes between Clegg and Knight very much the juiciest. I also fancy Kelsey Dugard to put on a bit of a show with a certain amount of 'feeling' and something to prove..

I am particularly looking forward to seeing that tiny tot who used to hesitantly ride round on a small machine for years before the Elite League matches.  I have not seen him since he turned 15 but I understand Nathan Ablett is now quite a prospect and this will be his home debut.

The weather forecast is sunny with showers so looks promising.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hunters said:

Really looking forward to this and that first meeting 'smell' from the bike fuel.

Unfortunately CL meeting looks rather lopsided, It was 59-31 in 2019 and whilst I think Eagles are stronger primarily with Brennan and Kemp for Morley and Bowtell Newcastle are much weaker losing all three heat leaders and only recruiting Ben Barker at that level.  They have done the right thing to try and ensure survival and I hope they can spring some surprises.

The NL should be a much better match with three clashes between Clegg and Knight very much the juiciest. I also fancy Kelsey Dugard to put on a bit of a show with a certain amount of 'feeling' and something to prove..

I am particularly looking forward to seeing that tiny tot who used to hesitantly ride round on a small machine for years before the Elite League matches.  I have not seen him since he turned 15 but I understand Nathan Ablett is now quite a prospect and this will be his home debut.

The weather forecast is sunny with showers so looks promising.

As you say it will be good to see speedway again  regardless of result just hope the weather's OK it's been awful in Essex for last few days. Just seen on Eastbourne website that local council now say we have to wear masks outside as well as in and anyone without a mask who is not exempt will not be admitted or they risk being closed down by Council.  Just hope things start improving in June.

Bad blow losing Henry Atkins last night but I dont know how long it takes for a dislocated shoulder to settle back in.   I imagine he will be missing against the Gems so the dreaded r/r will kick in which now makes this a much closer affair.

5 hours ago, Hunters said:

Bad blow losing Henry Atkins last night but I dont know how long it takes for a dislocated shoulder to settle back in.   I imagine he will be missing against the Gems so the dreaded r/r will kick in which now makes this a much closer affair.

It will be r/r, probably won't affect the outcome in Easties favour though still by a fair margin, think Nathan will be a busy boy again!

Edited by gazzac

28 minutes ago, gazzac said:

It will be r/r, probably won't affect the outcome in Easties favour though still by a fair margin, think Nathan will be a busy boy again!

I somehow think the Gems meeting will be a dam sight closer than the "Big Boys" with Kelsey "Do-gud" Dugard (Newcastle Diamonds latest asset) wanting to show what Eastie will be missing out on and I have a "Gallon" says he gets into double figures... Any takers?

Regards
THJ

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I somehow think the Gems meeting will be a dam sight closer than the "Big Boys" with Kelsey "Do-gud" Dugard (Newcastle Diamonds latest asset) wanting to show what Eastie will be missing out on and I have a "Gallon" says he gets into double figures... Any takers?

Regards
THJ

He'll have to have improved his riding and attitude to score double figures as it was a rare occasion when it was his home track. One thing for sure is (unless he's changed with age) he'll find something to moan about !:rolleyes:. Always came top in the half time interviews with all the other home riders in the 'biggest moaner in the team' award.

• Sad 1

Will be delighted if the Diamonds break 30 to be honest

9 minutes ago, screm said:

Forecast can be described as iffy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650497

The Sussex area around Arlington is clay based so holds water but they are pretty good at getting meetings on, hope it holds off enough

1 hour ago, M.D said:

The Sussex area around Arlington is clay based so holds water but they are pretty good at getting meetings on, hope it holds off enough

They certainly did in the good old days, when Bob drove his magic tractor.

Sorry to rain on your parade , the seagulls might be happy with their webbed feet, but the Eagles???

Met office forecast for Eastbourne shows rain for most of the day, clearing by 1600☹️

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sorry to rain on your parade , the seagulls might be happy with their webbed feet, but the Eagles???

Met office forecast for Eastbourne shows rain for most of the day, clearing by 1600☹️

If it does clear by 16.00 and it looks to be dry after with even a bit of sun it'll be on, the track drains well and I've never known them not get a meeting on if the rain has stopped an hour plus before start time especially as it looks light ish rain. Maybe a bit tricky for the first few heats, but imagine the track will be pretty good after that for a double header, don't think dust will be a problem! 

Edited by gazzac

Meeting OFF

1 hour ago, InfinitiDiamonds said:

I take it there will be no live streaming of the meeting tonight? 

Definitely not!!:nono: