British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Belle Vue 20th May

2 minutes ago, jduffill said:

Before you berate Redcar again due to a lack of information, I think it’s time we make some facts clear.

Jordan Stewart applied for his visa in December 2020. It’s taken UKVI almost 6 months to process his visa, entirely due to Covid 19 and not because of any lack of urgency by rider or promotion. His visa arrived for Redcar last Saturday!

As clubs that pride themselves on being professional, both Redcar and Ipswich have done everything as early as they possibly could, but have been in the hands of the people and organisations that process these applications. Covid has caused an endless number of problems for all of us, visas being one of them.

I hope that clear things up.

Regards,

Jitendra Duffill

No berating of Redcar whatsoever, simply stating a fact that ipswich had to wait for his Redcar visa to be approved before they could apply for the secondary visa as baldy had asked if he heard correctly that we only applied for his visa last week! 

I had no doubt that Redcar will have had the ball rolling on the visa application months ago given how long it’s been known he was in their team - hence I suggested it’s farcical we’ve come to the tapes and it’s still not sorted, but I was not suggesting this is in anyway Redcar or ipswich promotions fault, the whole visa system seems completely backward and outdated imo - something I’m certain will now get worse with brexit

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Charles Wright engine failure in heat 13 when on 5-1  cost Aces a win unfortunately

But if your no1 managed to just get 2nd in H1 you still would have won! No number one should be getting last place in H1!!

17 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Bit for a joke this visa stuff, how long have that had to sort it out!? Frustrating also that it’s down to the Redcar promotion not getting it sorted in time and not ours! Strange how jake only decided to come back a couple of weeks ago and Jordan has been all winter yet jakes is sorted and Jordan not

To be fair, your first post on this specifically blames the Redcar promotion.. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Do you actually realise that was nearly 25 years ago

Blimey!! That's gone quick. What a team that was. I think Ipswich won at Poole that year by like 30 points! Gollob came in on 6 didn't he?

17 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Bit for a joke this visa stuff, how long have that had to sort it out!? Frustrating also that it’s down to the Redcar promotion not getting it sorted in time and not ours! Strange how jake only decided to come back a couple of weeks ago and Jordan has been all winter yet jakes is sorted and Jordan not

20 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

No berating of Redcar whatsoever, simply stating a fact that ipswich had to wait for his Redcar visa to be approved before they could apply for the secondary visa as baldy had asked if he heard correctly that we only applied for his visa last week! 

I had no doubt that Redcar will have had the ball rolling on the visa application months ago given how long it’s been known he was in their team - hence I suggested it’s farcical we’ve come to the tapes and it’s still not sorted, but I was not suggesting this is in anyway Redcar or ipswich promotions fault, the whole visa system seems completely backward and outdated imo - something I’m certain will now get worse with brexit

30 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Blimey!! That's gone quick. What a team that was. I think Ipswich won at Poole that year by like 30 points! Gollob came in on 6 didn't he?

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But if your no1 managed to just get 2nd in H1 you still would have won! No number one should be getting last place in H1!!

Aunties balls and uncles etc....

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

....maybe it shouldn't, but it does happen!!

Indeed, it has happened in two of the three matches this week - and in the third match, the home no.1 was third in a visitors' 5-1. 

If you're taking heat 1 in isolation, and saying that Brady Kurtz not getting 2nd in heat 1 cost the Aces a win, then you can say that Troy Batchelor and Craig Cook not winning their heat 1 cost Sheffield and King's Lynn a draw respectively. But, of course, other things happen in other heats that affect the final result.

If only Jake Allen had not been passed by both Aces in heat 15 last night then Ipswich would still have won!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Number 1 in heat 1 always has to start on gate 3 or 4 which on most tracks are tougher and then heat 1 is usually harder to pass in as all the grip on inside.

• Like 3

Not much to say about last night's meeting really,,, 3 passes, all by belle Vue, Anders looks like a total steal so far, Bewley and Kurtz looked like they have been racing for weeks and both had their best meetings at Foxhall. 

If's , Buts and Maybes !!

Its all part of what makes Speedway.

I’m just pleased to see live action in a stadium with fans.  
I thought the result was fair and well done to both teams for entertaining us on such a cold evening. 
I bet Swindon and Somerset fans would love to be in our position.  

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’m just pleased to see live action in a stadium with fans.  
I thought the result was fair and well done to both teams for entertaining us on such a cold evening. 
I bet Swindon and Somerset fans would love to be in our position.  

And you're famous Jase  :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Not much to say about last night's meeting really,,, 3 passes, all by belle Vue, Anders looks like a total steal so far, Bewley and Kurtz looked like they have been racing for weeks and both had their best meetings at Foxhall. 

Well let’s be fair Foxhall never has been a track that sees a lot of passes.

15 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Time to deploy the tea urn Badge :D

And very necessary and much appreciated by all,  how cold was it last night :o.

Lovely to see everyone back. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Well so far there has only been 3 meetings and a number 1 has finished last in all 3 heat 1's so far...Batchelor, Kurtz and Cook was the last finisher !