British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Belle Vue 20th May

On 5/23/2021 at 1:00 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Regarding kemp, he was thrown in at the deep end in his first 2 matches. 

They kept swapping the reserves round giving Rowe the easier rides meaning kemp kept going from the tough gates in the tougher races 

No different to all the other rising stars!

Yes they were swapped around and that was cause Rowe was getting stuck in and producing the goods. Kemps had plenty of publicity but needs now to do his talking on the track. Rowes had little publicity but certainly looks the better bet.

Edited by 25yearfan
  • Like 2

Can't see Crumpy passing many riders if he misses the gate and when he was off gate 4, I turned to my mate and said he would come last. I know it's early days but he needs to be more aggresive. 8 points for Plymouth in the championship doesn't look good either. Some of our riders need to learn to ride wider as the meeting goes on. Jake had a good meeting but he really needed to ride the outside line in heat 15 as he was a sitting duck on the inside. I think we were fortunate to get away with a draw.

• Like 2

Crump will score many points for Ipswich but don't think he will be the "Old Crumpy" that he was before retiring without serius injury and taking risks and finish in a wheel chair or any other bad injury. he is just using this as he likes riding a bike. and wants to return home  in one piece to his family. Was said that he was over here to help his son in another Motor Cycle sport   Don't know if this is still the case.

On 5/23/2021 at 1:00 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Regarding kemp, he was thrown in at the deep end in his first 2 matches. 

They kept swapping the reserves round giving Rowe the easier rides meaning kemp kept going from the tough gates in the tougher races 

This is a team manager doing his job to help the team score as many points as possible.  There are precious few other things they can do.  Kemp never looked like scoring after his first ride against the Aces and whilst Rowe started off great, best to use that to your advantage if you can I'd say.  Blimey, Tom B was lucky in one of his races - a spectacular rodeo ride but I think he will make great strides.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

This is a team manager doing his job to help the team score as many points as possible.  There are precious few other things they can do.  Kemp never looked like scoring after his first ride against the Aces and whilst Rowe started off great, best to use that to your advantage if you can I'd say.  Blimey, Tom B was lucky in one of his races - a spectacular rodeo ride but I think he will make great strides.

Not disputing that its a managers job to do what best for the team, just saying that its a reason for kemps poor start, but at the end of the day, they are 2 matches in, no one should be worrying about anyones form just yet especially after an 18 month break

• Like 1