British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v BIRMINGHAM (May 22nd) 6.30pm - followed by Bullets v Belle Vue Colts

8 hours ago, screm said:

I wouldn't know on your first point, but I do find it bizarre that Berwick Speedway wont or don't interact with their fans on social media.

It isn't a case of not interacting with fans on social media simply requesting that questions for the club are directed through club@berwickspeedway.com where they will be always be answered promptly rather than left hanging in random threads across the internet where they may not if no-one from the club happens to stumble across them.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

It isn't a case of not interacting with fans on social media simply requesting that questions for the club are directed through club@berwickspeedway.com where they will be always be answered promptly rather than left hanging in random threads across the internet where they may not if no-one from the club happens to stumble across them.

Quite agree,if it was something needing answered quickly and really important,I asked question out of a matter of interest not really bothered if you and Dick Barrie can post on here but can’t  tell,I’m pretty sure you know the answer to my query.:rolleyes:

Edited by Fromafar

Are both matches being live streamed this evening?

Berwick are missing a wind fall if not as lots of speedway starved fanatics out here hoping it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, secsy1 said:

Are both matches being live streamed this evening?

Berwick are missing a wind fall if not as lots of speedway starved fanatics out here hoping it is.

Totally agree. I also think its a massive mistake only selling tickets for both matches at £25 rather than the 16 or 17 for people who perhaps only wanted to watch 1. Given how the last 15 months has been, £25 will be a lot of money for many people. There should be an option imo for single tickets for either match.

15 minutes ago, emilali said:

Totally agree. I also think its a massive mistake only selling tickets for both matches at £25 rather than the 16 or 17 for people who perhaps only wanted to watch 1. Given how the last 15 months has been, £25 will be a lot of money for many people. There should be an option imo for single tickets for either match.

How do you police it though?  Put a lot of trust on those who only want to watch the first match and hope they leave?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, StevePark said:

How do you police it though?  Put a lot of trust on those who only want to watch the first match and hope they leave?

Very tough to police it I agree. However, I just cant understand the viewpoint of assuming people will want to or be able to afford to watch both and thus only giving 1 higher priced option. Seems madness given the last 15 months imo. 

16 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Hows the weather looking thinking of coming over from comets land ?

Sunshine and clear blue sky just now. BBC weather video yesterday says dry and windy all day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topsoil said:

Sunshine and clear blue sky just now. BBC weather video yesterday says dry and windy all day.

Thanks will give it a go might even have the fish & chips 

9 minutes ago, emilali said:

Very tough to police it I agree. However, I just cant understand the viewpoint of assuming people will want to or be able to afford to watch both and thus only giving 1 higher priced option. Seems madness given the last 15 months imo. 

I've seen before that with double headers, if you only want to see the first meeting, you pay for the two then get refunded for the second one on the way out. If you only want to see the second meeting you have to keep turnstiles open until the second meeting starts. Is that possible when you are dealing with an all ticket meeting? As always, there will be a reason why things are done a certain way.

Also, on the subject of streaming the meeting, how many fans would choose the streaming option over attending if the weather wasn't great? Maybe the club would lose out that way? One possible way to solve that would be what Edinburgh did and put a block on the meeting being available to TD14 / TD15 postcodes and only available to other parts of the country.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topsoil said:

I've seen before that with double headers, if you only want to see the first meeting, you pay for the two then get refunded for the second one on the way out. If you only want to see the second meeting you have to keep turnstiles open until the second meeting starts. Is that possible when you are dealing with an all ticket meeting? As always, there will be a reason why things are done a certain way.

Also, on the subject of streaming the meeting, how many fans would choose the streaming option over attending if the weather wasn't great? Maybe the club would lose out that way? One possible way to solve that would be what Edinburgh did and put a block on the meeting being available to TD14 / TD15 postcodes and only available to other parts of the country.

Good ideas that you raise. I wasn't trying to suggest there was an obvious answer I just found it odd. I think paying for both then getting refunded the 2nd if you don’t want to watch it would work but obviously that can create a few problems.

On the streaming side of things I think it’s something all clubs should be looking at going forward as it’s an uncapped possibility of who may tune in for it. For me as I dont live in the area I’d be far more likely to watch it online from a stream than I would be to go in person. 

Just now, emilali said:

Good ideas that you raise. I wasn't trying to suggest there was an obvious answer I just found it odd. I think paying for both then getting refunded the 2nd if you don’t want to watch it would work but obviously that can create a few problems.

On the streaming side of things I think it’s something all clubs should be looking at going forward as it’s an uncapped possibility of who may tune in for it. For me as I dont live in the area I’d be far more likely to watch it online from a stream than I would be to go in person. 

But would it stop away fans from going, a long drive to any track and back or watch at home? Unless the charge is the same to attend clubs could lose out 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emilali said:

Definitely something clubs should look at, especially away fans. Myself, when Berwick were on tour, I would be interested in wathing if other teams streamed meetings. 

• Like 1

I don't see an easy way to police 'one match only' options when Covid restrictions demand everyone being pre-ticketed.      In the current circumstances, the deal for tonight is the deal, and we have to hope the promotion's hard work in preparing the stadium for limited viewing is rewarded.

The situation at the previous double-header at Shielfield (the last publicly-attended meeting!) was quite different, as everyone had paid cash at the turnstiles, and could be refunded if leaving after the first match.

On the matter of streaming, I suspect that currently there may not be a facility to offer a stream for meetings which are also being attended by the public.    

Finally, according to the booking site, grandstand tickets appear to be almost sold out for tonight -- eight out of the ten seated sections are now showing 'no tickets' -- but the standing areas have plenty capacity.