British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v BIRMINGHAM (May 22nd) 6.30pm - followed by Bullets v Belle Vue Colts

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

A bit unfair to blame the manager?

His job is to win a speedway meeting. He should be getting credit for a great away win and a great start to our season.

If we shouldn't have been allowed a guest, then it should be the BSPA that need addressing.

Having said that, we still would have won if you take away the four points that Nicol scored against a Berwick rider?

It all comes down to either wanting to see a competitive meeting, or is it just about winning?

Lets face it, Berwick are going to lose a fair few more home meetings, guests, or no guests......

No disputing that, our team is awful, imo, and has been since we signed them in the winter of 2019

I’ve said you deserve the win, Nicol or not. Would of been even more embarrassing if it was a NL guest

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

Funny no one has mentioned the fact that Berwick have a rider named in their 1-7 that they have no idea if/when he will be allowed to travel and enter the country, but that's OK. 

Why not have a "team" of 7 such riders? You could have 1 x RR plus 6 x guests to suit any given track. Makes you wonder if the old rule about facilities not being available for riders who have never ridden for you didn't have a virtue.

8 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Why not have a "team" of 7 such riders? You could have 1 x RR plus 6 x guests to suit any given track. Makes you wonder if the old rule about facilities not being available for riders who have never ridden for you didn't have a virtue.

The way things are going I am sure we might see that before this season is out

• Like 1

12 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Get 14  riders down to a track....

Make the most experienced two the team captains for the night...

Line the remaining 12 riders up against a wall...

Get the two captains to turn away and the ref can randomly number the lads 1 to 12....

Each captain then takes it in turn to shout out six numbers...

Two full teams of riders guaranteed....

And doing it this way will also mean no one feels upset, depressed or anxious at being picked last because it will be random selection..

We are all winners here....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

No disputing that, our team is awful, imo, and has been since we signed them in the winter of 2019

I’ve said you deserve the win, Nicol or not. Would of been even more embarrassing if it was a NL guest

Apologies if my topic replies came across abrupt/condescending......certainly no intention.

I totally agree with your views of the sports integrity/rules etc....

I hope Berwick have a good season...I remember the days of the 'Templeton bros' (Doug/willie) if I remember correctly.... however I was only 7 years old at the time :t:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Get the two captains to turn away and the ref can randomly number the lads 1 to 12....

And doing it this way will also mean no one feels upset, depressed or anxious at being picked last because it will be random selection..

Even better still (IMO)... develop 12 or so, neutrally selected tracks, conducive to decent racing  and have all the meetings happen on the same day.

And bring back the Golden/Silver Helmet :)

On 5/26/2021 at 7:21 AM, mikebv said:

Don't forget to use your jumpers to represent the starting gate / finish line.

• Like 1