British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Fan/rider interaction

1 hour ago, Trees said:

I was always embarrassed for him, cringy!

Always liked when Zorro got Matty Ferjan to do the dance with him.....And who can forget Adam Skornicki doing a donut around a dancing Zorro in 2008...Crowd loved it:t:

Edited by scottyfan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Like John 'Cowboy' Cook - now there was a real showman!

He picked up fines for entertaining the crowd

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Trees said:

Now that was embarrassing lol

What was embarrassing was that war cry that was it Robin Brundle came up with now that was embarrassing- think his name was Robin Brundle now whatever happened to him ? Carpet lifted  swept under it never to be heard of again, or am I wrong or does he still have a role at the club ?

12 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

What do you want?  Camouflage racesuits so we can't see them?  :D

Edited now lol

On 5/19/2021 at 9:42 AM, Phil The Ace said:

When they do a good race and the crowd get excited they just kill any momentum the crowd gained by going straight to pits. .

It's takes 30 secs to take the applause. 

Absolutely hate it when riders go straight back to the pits. When Martin Rogers was promoter at Leicester he used to stand at the pits gate and keep it closed until they had done another lap and acknowledged the crowd. 

Not quite the same when they are forced to do it! They should want to do it. Bit like telling your child to say hello to someone when they don't want to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Haza said:

What was embarrassing was that war cry that was it Robin Brundle came up with now that was embarrassing- think his name was Robin Brundle now whatever happened to him ? Carpet lifted  swept under it never to be heard of again, or am I wrong or does he still have a role at the club ?

I remember that...

I think though that it is now banned as part of the Covid regulations..

Boris got wind of it and issued strict instructions to the local council that KL must never use it whilst the pandemic is on..

The last thing you need is 1300 KL fans shouting at the top of their voices and jumping up and down to this magnificent 'war cry' potentially spreading the virus..

In fact, it was so good, even the away fans will start joining in.....:D

I saw the footage because my then 16 year old lad came flying down the stairs with his phone in his hand saying "You've got to see this!"..

At then end of it, he just said laughing..

"And WE go to Speedway"....:D

• Haha 1

Chris Mills was another, cant say i was ever a massive fan of his but to give him a credit he always came around at Kings Lynn. 

• Like 1

Sadly once the stock car catch fence went up there be came a bigger barrier between riders and fans watching through a bird cage ruined it for many at Kings Lynn and the kids that used to get a high 5 s after each successful race from the riders that all stopped - I no stock cars pay the bills at Kings Lynn but for many speedway fans it’s ruined the spectacle the catch fence the clay/soil based track rather than red shale that produced racing passing rather than gate and go  - yes the stadium looks better but at what cost ? 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

We've been lucky at Ipswich with our own Kim jansson and also Marius puzakowski (sp) , who both loved playing to the crowds, but AZ bruv said our guys do come round regularly 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Sadly once the stock car catch fence went up there be came a bigger barrier between riders and fans watching through a bird cage ruined it for many at Kings Lynn and the kids that used to get a high 5 s after each successful race from the riders that all stopped - I no stock cars pay the bills at Kings Lynn but for many speedway fans it’s ruined the spectacle the catch fence the clay/soil based track rather than red shale that produced racing passing rather than gate and go  - yes the stadium looks better but at what cost ? 

Were you there Monday Haza?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Trees said:

Were you there Monday Haza?

Not sure what’s that’s got to do with anyone to be honest .

Edited by Haza

31 minutes ago, Haza said:

Not sure what’s that’s got to do with anyone to be honest .

Simple enough ansewr from Trees!

• Like 1

At Rye House during the last season and a half before it closed the Home riders would do a lap of honour waving to the crowd most of the time. In 2019 I only went to two meetings at Isle of Wight and there the home riders always come round and away team race winners were encouraged to do a lap of honour by the home promotion. 

• Like 1