British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway fan

BIRMINGHAM ON LINE TICKETS FOR FIRST 3 MEETINGS ON SALE

Birmingham have opened their on-line ticket sales for their first three meetings :  Weds June 2 v Redcar ; June 9 v Glasgow ; June 16th v Poole

BIRMINGHAM v REDCAR (Championship KO Cup)
Wednesday June 2, 2021
https://www.trybooking.co.uk/BBXI

BIRMINGHAM v GLASGOW (Championship)
Wednesday June 9, 2021
https://www.trybooking.co.uk/BBYD

BIRMINGHAM v POOLE (Championship)
Wednesday June 16, 2021
https://www.trybooking.co.uk/BBYE

Very easy and simple to use

confirmation email , receipt and  printable tickets  all received in under five minutes 

• Like 1

i'll wait until they accept cash at the door.

I had a look at that ticketing web site, and if they are splashing people's names and booking information on their web site, then that's a GDPR nightmare waiting to explode. I'm not trusting my credit card details to a web site with such a cavalier attitude to personal data protection.

• Like 3

really? so have you looked at every track's system then... every track has to use on line ticketing ..... can you let us know where people's names and booking information is being splashed please as this will be looked at . Most events nowadays have on line ticketing whether it be football, cricket, entertainment etc . So far everyone has says how easy a system this is to use .

If your criticism of the system is in any way correct we will sort it but I am sceptical of your claims . Taking cash at the door is down to each local council and the majority have said it can't be done under current situations .

1 hour ago, Speedway fan said:

really? so have you looked at every track's system then... every track has to use on line ticketing ..... can you let us know where people's names and booking information is being splashed please as this will be looked at . Most events nowadays have on line ticketing whether it be football, cricket, entertainment etc . So far everyone has says how easy a system this is to use .

If your criticism of the system is in any way correct we will sort it but I am sceptical of your claims . Taking cash at the door is down to each local council and the majority have said it can't be done under current situations .

Every track has not used on line ticketing.  I bought my ticket to Kent's first fixture ( which unfortunately got rained off) by making  one

phone call to the stadium and my ticket arrived in the post the next day. Simple. Then I had a phone call to ask if I wanted to roll it over\or have a refund

and I chose to roll it over. No middle men involved.  I did not have to be an online Whizz Kid, which I certainly am not.

13 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Every track has not used on line ticketing.  I bought my ticket to Kent's first fixture ( which unfortunately got rained off) by making  one

phone call to the stadium and my ticket arrived in the post the next day. Simple. Then I had a phone call to ask if I wanted to roll it over\or have a refund

and I chose to roll it over. No middle men involved.  I did not have to be an online Whizz Kid, which I certainly am not.

Think what Speedway Fan is trying to point out is that clubs are having to look at alternative ways to selling tickets as most local authorities are discouraging the use of turnstiles as it is difficult to maintain social distancing...

You aren't the only one who isn't a whizz kid  and most if not all promotions will assist and accommodate their fans 

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

So according to the ticketing website we're being told to wear masks for the duration of the entire meeting when even standing outdoors ??

1 hour ago, Osirian08 said:

So according to the ticketing website we're being told to wear masks for the duration of the entire meeting when even standing outdoors ??

that is a council / stadium ruling ... several other tracks have the same restriction at the moment but hopefully that will be relaxed soon. Eastbourne have had to add this to their T+C's this week after their council imposed the ruling .

Edited by Speedway fan
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

can you let us know where people's names and booking information is being splashed please as this will be looked at .

An example....

image.png.2c9e921808ad57d6f565e6ec223826a7.png

Some people might not care, but to an information harvester and an identity thief, this is GOLD!

And you think that I'm going to be entrusting my credit card information with a web site that is so cavalier with people's personal information? Think again.

Edited by uk_martin

7 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

An example....

image.png.b127a5eb3a78c855e69f4a132ca02ec8.png

Some people might not care, but to an information harvester and an identity thief, this is GOLD!

And you think that I'm going to be entrusting my credit card information with a web site that is so cavalier with people's personal information? Think again.

I thought this was quite helpful - if you're friendly with Mr Preece but can't stand Mr Jones (no offence, example only) you'd tailor your booking accordingly. The tone of your initial message led me to think that address, card number and CVV details were on view.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I thought this was quite helpful - if you're friendly with Mr Preece but can't stand Mr Jones (no offence, example only) you'd tailor your booking accordingly. The tone of your initial message led me to think that address, card number and CVV details were on view.

As I said, some people won't care. The way I look at it is that if they have a cavalier (& possibly illegal - GDPR and all that) attitude towards personal & data security, what sort of password protects the database that your credit card information will be stored on? "12345" by any chance? or just "password".? By all means, take a chance on them...I won't be.

Edited by uk_martin
  • Like 1

I'll just add that "personal privacy isn't an issue until it is lost", trust me on that, I'll say no more....

18 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

thank you Neil ....  other than the name there are no other details showing !!  How many Mr Jones , Mr Preece are there etc and their information is protected , Only Try Booking and Birmingham Speedway have access to any sensitive data and as holders of an ICO data protection licence are bound by this . If someone doesn't want to book like the person above then they will not get in to watch their speedway .... that is their choice if they actually come to speedway or not . 

• Like 1