British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway fan

BIRMINGHAM ON LINE TICKETS FOR FIRST 3 MEETINGS ON SALE

Just a few questions.

Programmes can not be bought with the online tickets,and you cannot use cash or card to buy one at the track ,is that correct ?.       (Cash spreads virus?.)

Says masks have to be worn all through the whole of meetings,can people not have a quick ciggie anymore?.

Is the train station open, i heard it would be closed for a while?.

As to the mask wearing,i know Belle Vue is bigger than PB,but more people will mix at Belle Vue,how can their Council say you can watch the matches with no masks?.

Belle Vue ......monday photo...  Only 2 people wearing masks in photo.

1394298393_bvuemon.png.fa0ab5c1b90ceac1524a9e4694f5eb27.png

Edited by Bluenose

3 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

Just a few questions.

Programmes can not be bought with the online tickets,and you cannot use cash or card to buy one at the track ,is that correct ?.       (Cash spreads virus?.)

Says masks have to be worn all through the whole of meetings,can people not have a quick ciggie anymore?.

Is the train station open, i heard it would be closed for a while?.

As to the mask wearing,i know Belle Vue is bigger than PB,but more people will mix at Belle Vue,how can their Council say you can watch the matches with no masks?.

Belle Vue ......monday photo...  Only 2 people wearing masks in photo.

bvue mon.png

system for programmes will be announced . 

as for smoking -- will ask the stadium what the rule will be . 

I believe the station is closed but will check

on masks --it is down to each council and their rules plus the stadium owners . Reading the T+C's at other tracks there are some with and some without ,I know Eastbourne have had to add it or they would be closed down. 

Not that it really matters, but I can see 4 wearing masks in that photo. One a couple rows back and to the right of the guy in red you circled, then another guy a row further back and to the right of the guy I just mentioned.

re councils having a say. Remember the tiers the government introduced last year, councils complained that they should have a say as they are closer to the ground and knew more about circumstances. I would think that’s where council involvement stems from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluenose said:

Thank you Speedway Fan.

The station is closed until May 2022.

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking that Birmingham are using a different ticketing company/system to many of the other clubs?

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Am I right in thinking that Birmingham are using a different ticketing company/system to many of the other clubs?

same one as Eastbourne, Plymouth and Newcastle . Try Booking --very good company and very helpful

Had a look around,and Scunthorpe seem to be the only team to sell programmes online with match tickets!.

2 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Had a look around,and Scunthorpe seem to be the only team to sell programmes online with match tickets!.

I have tickets for 7 meetings at 6 tracks. Two of them (Belle Vue and Kent) sold programmes. Kent appears to be the unique one in that they are doing it by phone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, arnieg said:

I have tickets for 7 meetings at 6 tracks. Two of them (Belle Vue and Kent) sold programmes. Kent appears to be the unique one in that they are doing it by phone.

I guess the phone option is reliant on having someone in the office 24/7?!   Thats of course if every club actually has an office 24/7 rather than just on matchdays!

Edited by Skidder1

Perry Barr Rail Station is closed for a year for renovation, but I'm told that there will be a bus service to transport passengers to and from Perry Barr Bus Station from the two closest alternative stations Witton and Hamstead.

• Like 1

BIRMINGHAM are opening up opportunities for fans to purchase tickets for home meetings on a Tuesday night at the stadium.

Boss Laurence Rogers will be at the club office in the pits from 5pm – 6.30 over three Tuesdays in June – 1, 8 and 15.

Rogers will assist fans who are unfamiliar with online ordering and will have forms to fill in for him to input and complete the process.

Tickets must be booked by midnight on a Tuesday before a Wednesday night home meeting and the service is a lifeline to some older fans.

Entry will be through the blue gates where the car park is and the old car wash was and fans need to turn left and follow the path round into the pits with the office based at the bottom.

Said Rogers: “I know there are fans who will have these problems so we thought we would do what we could to help them.

“We are also at the stadium on Saturday and Sunday this weekend from 9am if anyone wants to pop in then otherwise I will be there on Tuesday June 1st, 8th and 15th to get the forms completed.“

• Like 1