British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Kent Friday 21 May 2021- live stream

Back on topic, Kent getting a bit of a slap tonight..

Not a great watch but considering the rain the track took all day it was surprising meeting even started. Well done track staff. 

Thought the streaming worked well with just a few glitches when sound was lost. Michael Max was excellent as co-presenter and it was nice to see Nigel Pearson travelling up to the track to also help. Annoyingly the weather forecast which had been accurate for most of the week got it wrong with steady light rain, then heavy rain falling in the evening at a time when it was meant to be light cloud! With the track already wet and it being the coldest May in Scotland for 40+years, the track just didn't have a chance to dry out. Remarkably the track record was broken twice during the evening. All of the Tigers had their moments with Sam Jensen being very impressive. Unfortunately Tom Bacon crashed out, hope he's ok, reducing Kent to a 5 man team using R/R and IRR which made it really difficult for them. It would be interesting to know how many people tuned in and whether streaming could become part of the new normal.

• Like 1

Streaming is certainly the way forward even when we return.

I have a mate now based in Spain who had the opportunity to buy it , he relied on updates previously it will reach a far wider audience giving the opportunity for the club to have another income stream.

It will come down to cost and the amount of online tickets they have to sell to cover cost I am sure they will have calculated this already.

Solid performance last night but there is a lot more to come from this team positive signs , pity about the rain this month has been a write off weather wise.

1 hour ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

1: 56.07 - 2: awarded - 3: 56.64 - 4: 55.95 (track record by 0.04s) - 5: 55.08 (track record) - 6: 56.08 - 7: 56.38 - 8: 57.82 - 9: 56.38 - 10: 57.61 - 11: 58.32

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, David said:

1: 56.07 - 2: awarded - 3: 56.64 - 4: 55.95 (track record by 0.04s) - 5: 55.08 (track record) - 6: 56.08 - 7: 56.38 - 8: 57.82 - 9: 56.38 - 10: 57.61 - 11: 58.32

Thank you very much! 

1 hour ago, David said:

Scotty smashed the T/R! :D

Is Paul Hurry going to be allowed to ride on tuesday or is he subject to the 7 day rule,......,Its early days yet and that was not run in the best conditions,with riders missing last night, but does anyone else think this Kent side may struggle away from home. //Or are Glasgow a  just a very strong side at home..........

2 hours ago, waco said:

Is Paul Hurry going to be allowed to ride on tuesday or is he subject to the 7 day rule,......,Its early days yet and that was not run in the best conditions,with riders missing last night, but does anyone else think this Kent side may struggle away from home. //Or are Glasgow a  just a very strong side at home..........

Both I imagine. 

On 5/22/2021 at 3:46 PM, waco said:

Effectively run with 3 team members, one reserve and a National League rider to make the numbers up.  Hardly a recipe for success. Add tough conditions plus

plenty of rain and it becomes a lottery.  But, looking on the bright side, I think Scott Nicholls took the track record.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:56 AM, screm said:

I take there is a reason.

Not the reason stated. 

Standing joke at Berwick last night about Hurry RR

Relatives important birthday allegedly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

Not the reason stated. 

Standing joke at Berwick last night about Hurry RR

Relatives important birthday allegedly. 

Perfectly acceptable then that Kent were allowed R/R, here`s me thinking there was something iffy.  

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, screm said:

Perfectly acceptable then that Kent were allowed R/R, here`s me thinking there was something iffy.  

Better than some we’ve heard over the years:D

• Like 1

Most of the posts I've read on this forum suggests streaming has a place in the sport even when we get back to normal particularly for away fans. Did any Kent fans purchase a ticket to see their team's first ever match in the Championship?