British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien League final 2nd leg Wednesday 6th October live on TV

Dave Goddard says it right. Meeting has turned into a farce. Truly rubbish. Week ref. Poor racing. Utter garbage. Why on earth am I bothering to watch? Habit I guess. But could have wrecked Magics GP chances.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

In the GP's, Berntzon will be like a raffle winner who wins a place in a sporting event as a "guest player".....

I what’s happened got up to make a cup of tea came back picture frozen and can t get back to meeting

35 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dave Goddard says it right. Meeting has turned into a farce. Truly rubbish. Week ref. Poor racing. Utter garbage. Why on earth am I bothering to watch? Habit I guess. But could have wrecked Magics GP chances.

Gislaved and Vetlanda are two very poor tracks. I think track wise next should be better but Smederna is so much stronger then Piraterna
that it probably won't be close score wise.

We move on to round 4 next Tuesday June 22nd- no matches on Thursday June 24th

Piraterna v Smederna- TV match

Lejonen v Vastervik

Rospiggarna v Dackarna

Vetlanda v Indianerna

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s the second Swedish match I’ve watched this year and both have been woeful. Think I’ll stick to the Polish and British leagues from now on.

This league is unfortunately going from bad to worse.

First thing - they are allowed to use RR without any serious reason. Just like that. Click RR, click no RR. 

Second thing - what happened tonight with wrong helmet colors in heats 1 and 2 and then again in heat 14? Was referee completely blind?

Then Dackarna manager nominated riders for heats 13 & 14 incorrectly, of course because stupid bonus points count towards nominations which makes it look even more stupid.

Few solutions for the future to make it look more professional and avoid situations like this:

1) full lineups for the night should be announced at least 3 hours before the meeting, with RR explained if used

2) dont count bonus points, nominate final heats using real points scored

3) wrong helmet color - rider excluded, like in other civilized leagues

Eleven Sports bought rights for Elitserien 2021 from Cmore but I'am afraid if it continues like this they will not want it again in the future. The same applies to Premier Sports. Enough is enough. What used to be professional league, now is turning to be a big joke. :(

• Like 1

You are right Krompa. For all the issues the British leagues have, it is run more professionally than in Sweden, where everything seems too laid back. Sweden has a stronger league than the U.K. but the racing isn’t better.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

In the GP's, Berntzon will be like a raffle winner who wins a place in a sporting event as a "guest player".....

Can't be as bad as Kasprzak will! 

KK actually showed some speed and form last night for a change. Though Miles away from the rider who finished second in the world and his superb charges from back at Poole years ago.

On 6/17/2021 at 9:31 PM, racers and royals said:

We move on to round 4 next Tuesday June 22nd- no matches on Thursday June 24th

Piraterna v Smederna- TV match

Lejonen v Vastervik

Rospiggarna v Dackarna

Vetlanda v Indianerna

Ghostie  the Piraterna v Smederna match  now starts at 1800 local(5pm UK time) for some reason ?? do you know if that means the main TV match is switched to one of the other matches that start at 1900 local(6pm UK time) as normal. ?

Edit it seems as if the TV match is staying as Piraterna v Smederna at the new time. both C More Sporten and Eleven Sport Poland come on air at 1750 local for the 1800 start. Just needs Premier Sport to alter their schedule.

Edited by racers and royals

21 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Ghostie  the Piraterna v Smederna match  now starts at 1800 local(5pm UK time) for some reason ?? do you know if that means the main TV match is switched to one of the other matches that start at 1900 local(6pm UK time) as normal. ?

Edit it seems as if the TV match is staying as Piraterna v Smederna at the new time. both C More Sporten and Eleven Sport Poland come on air at 1750 local for the 1800 start. Just needs Premier Sport to alter their schedule.

Most likely because of football Sweden vs. Poland.

There are also no meetings on Thursday due Midsummer's eve on Friday.

Edited by Ghostwalker

2 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Most likely because of football Sweden vs. Poland.

There are also no meetings on Thursday due Midsummer's eve on Friday.

Football is Wednesday !! Maybe having new floodlights installed ??

7 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Football is Wednesday !! Maybe having new floodlights installed ??

Sportkanalen schedule says Croatia - Scotland at 20.50 CEST tomorrow. Floodlights? No need for floodlights until August.

Edited by Ghostwalker