British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien League final 2nd leg Wednesday 6th October live on TV

Confirmed as R/R.  Meeting starting in a few minutes on Premier Sports.

One day I'll get the lineup right for a bl**dy race.

I'm guessing no one was watching :lol:

Just now, Dave Goddard said:

I'm guessing no one was watching :lol:

Not the best time slot for this one. Can't imagine the live viewing figures would be too good :rofl:

The altered time slot was so they could avoid Sweden playing this evening.

1 minute ago, Dave Goddard said:

The altered time slot was so they could avoid Sweden playing this evening.

Oh yeah, I get that...and it makes total sense for them to have moved it...but it ensured you were mainly working for an audience that would be watching later rather than live ;)

Vastervik v Rospiggarna  was excellent i thought. The Vastervik track produces the best racing in Sweden bar none and tonight you could see how comfortable the riders were with the track. Lidsey was on fire for the home team with a 12 + 3 paid max. Przedpelski was also un troubled by an opponent with a 15 point max. Kulakov and Smektala gave good back up. Lahti was best for the Hallstavik team with 11 from 6

Edited by racers and royals

Via Lambert's social media I've seen Lejonen won away, I assume that was the uninspiring televised match?

Agree from what I've seen (very limited) Vastervick is the best track in Sweden, Vetlanda the worst, Hallstavik in a not too distant second Malila, Kumla & Eskilstuna all usually Ok.

Thursday`s matches line-ups

Smederna v Vetlanda- TV match

Smederna

1 MJJ

2 Loktayev

3 Chugunov

4 Lebedevs

5 Aspgren

6 Kling

7 Stark

Vetlanda- no Zmarzlik again !!!!!

1 Ljung

2 Palovaara

3 Kubera

4 Hjelmand

5 Gapinski

6 A Woentin

7 L Woentin

Dackarna v Piraterna

Dackarna

1 Janowski

2 Becker

3 Jensen

4 Jakobsen

5 Thorssell

6 Van Dyck

7 Bogdanowicz

Piraterna

1 Jamrog

2 Broberg

3 Fienhage

4 Seifert-Salk

5 THJ

6 Bjorling

Edited by racers and royals

Since the post pandemic return of the Swedish League both last season and this the crowds that I've seen on the Premier Sports TV matches have been absolutely woeful, from what I can see from the camera angles, with seemingly more people in the pits than on the terraces.

They're still tracking a number of the big names from around the world... How on earth are they managing to fund this? I assume government restrictions are still in place? Are they being funded by the government or have they got a platinum plated TV deal?

46 minutes ago, iainb said:

Since the post pandemic return of the Swedish League both last season and this the crowds that I've seen on the Premier Sports TV matches have been absolutely woeful, from what I can see from the camera angles, with seemingly more people in the pits than on the terraces.

They're still tracking a number of the big names from around the world... How on earth are they managing to fund this? I assume government restrictions are still in place? Are they being funded by the government or have they got a platinum plated TV deal?

They are under restrictions - although from Thursday they are allowed 3000 fans as long as they are seated. The sport in Sweden is run differently from the UK as the clubs are run by the town/community rather than a promoter. This means that they have local  sponsors which fund the teams in a big way. Yes it must be costly but attendances are normally good in Sweden averaging anywhere between 1500-3000  and higher for the play-offs. A large number of the teams riders use their Polish kit along  with their  Polish mechanics.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

They are under restrictions - although from Thursday they are allowed 3000 fans as long as they are seated. The sport in Sweden is run differently from the UK as the clubs are run by the town/community rather than a promoter. This means that they have local  sponsors which fund the teams in a big way. Yes it must be costly but attendances are normally good in Sweden averaging anywhere between 1500-3000  and higher for the play-offs. A large number of the teams riders use their Polish kit along  with their  Polish mechanics.

Still the wage bill must be quite hefty, especially with very very very limited crowds for the last year... the sponsors must have deep pockets!

Just now, iainb said:

Still the wage bill must be quite hefty, especially with very very very limited crowds for the last year... the sponsors must have deep pockets!

They do have ! - Ghostie  will know more but i don`t think the TV contract is that lucrative for the clubs.

13 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Thursday`s matches line-ups

Vetlanda- no Zmarzlik again !!!!!

Piraterna

1 Jamrog

2 Broberg

3 Fienhage

4 Seifert-Salk

5 THJ

6 Bjorling

Could Zmarzlik's absence be connected with Gorzow riding the following night and them wanting him to be 'fresh'?

That Piraterna team in the other match  is woefully weak and I'd be surprised if they make 30.