British Speedway Forum
2ndbendbeerhut

Ipswich vs Sheffield 27th May

Jack isn’t very good at Ipswich.  Last time in the play off semifinal he faked injury so Poole could use R/R in his last two rides. 
trouble was he limped on the other leg he claimed firstly a toe injury and then it was his knee. 
more chance of Ritchie Hawkins riding at Edinburgh than holder at foxhall 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Jack isn’t very good at Ipswich.  Last time in the play off semifinal he faked injury so Poole could use R/R in his last two rides. 
trouble was he limped on the other leg he claimed firstly a toe injury and then it was his knee. 
more chance of Ritchie Hawkins riding at Edinburgh than holder at foxhall 

Or you being Jason Crump's fan club secretary 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, yorkshiretyke said:

Ye, some things never change in British Speedway. Same as the usual wining B*tches down Suffolk way

You missed the h although I'd say it would be better if it was the n that was omitted :)

Better a whining B*!ch with principles than sell out glory whores 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Trees said:

I think it's cost of flights and tests, exceptional year, our promoters are up against it. Not that I'm blimmin stickin up for Ipswich of course, jeeeez!

So the cost of flights and tests were ok last week for Dan Bewley to get to the NSS a day after racing in Poland?

And Jack himself after riding in Poland the same weekend..

Amazing isn't it how it worked out ok then?

Also amazing is how when a No1 is missing it always seems to be not at his home track but when riding away?

I wonder if it was a Tigers v Witches fixture if their number one 'drawcard' would have been missing?

Still, I suppose they have that many fans attending that one or two more deciding 'enough is enough' won't be even noticed...

Just like those who already have given up over the past decade in particular seemingly haven't been noticed yet...

• Like 6

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

So the cost of flights and tests were ok last week for Dan Bewley to get to the NSS a day after racing in Poland?

And Jack himself after riding in Poland the same weekend..

Amazing isn't it how it worked out ok then?

Also amazing is how when a No1 is missing it always seems to be not at his home track but when riding away?

I wonder if it was a Tigers v Witches fixture if their number one 'drawcard' would have been missing?

Still, I suppose they have that many fans attending that one or two more deciding 'enough is enough' won't be even noticed...

Just like those who already have given up over the past decade in particular seemingly haven't been noticed yet...

I agree tbf, I'd be annoyed if I was a Sheffield fan of course, maybe I'm stupidly giving them/him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's a scenario like Klindt that he's told them he won't be available for all meetings, whether it be pressure from Poland or whatever ....... Sheffield are lucky to use r/r, as were Ipswich at Lynn.

10 hours ago, Trees said:

It's gotta be cost?

It’s all about flights availability and costs, I mentioned at the start of the season that some leeway was going to be provided because it’s clear that until the flight availability returns to something like normality riders are going to struggle to get from Poland and Denmark etc into the U.K and vice versa.

Unfortunately it was always going to be a can of worms and the BSPL have opened it, regulations were changed to allow facilities for riders who hadn’t yet ridden for their respective teams and going forward for those who would miss meetings due to travel problems.

We will have to see if things change but at the moment this is what we have and I can see it going on for a while. I just hope that it’s consistent and applied properly to all. 

• Like 1

But his meeting in Poland is re scheduled,,,,, this one isn't,, so should take priority, or are we bending over for the PZM

• Like 2

11 hours ago, yorkshiretyke said:

Ye, some things never change in British Speedway. Same as the usual wining B*tches down Suffolk way

But to be fair they have something to whine about, they haven’t won anything since 1998

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

But to be fair they have something to whine about, they haven’t won anything since 1998

Hearts and minds, hearts and minds.....;):)

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s all about flights availability and costs, I mentioned at the start of the season that some leeway was going to be provided because it’s clear that until the flight availability returns to something like normality riders are going to struggle to get from Poland and Denmark etc into the U.K and vice versa.

Unfortunately it was always going to be a can of worms and the BSPL have opened it, regulations were changed to allow facilities for riders who hadn’t yet ridden for their respective teams and going forward for those who would miss meetings due to travel problems.

We will have to see if things change but at the moment this is what we have and I can see it going on for a while. I just hope that it’s consistent and applied properly to all. 

One difference - Ipswich said we are not having that , you're out!!

Timing was far from ideal but the decision that means some longer term credibility was made

The Holder situation is unacceptable 

We should be lodging a protest and publicly condemning this type of scenario 

Instead it seems it will be meekly accepted and brushed under the carpet rather like the Bates rising star fiasco 

This has even someone like me seriously considering why I bother

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

But his meeting in Poland is re scheduled,,,,, this one isn't,, so should take priority, or are we bending over for the PZM

Indeed, so much for the UK having priority over other leagues/countries on Mondays and Thursdays eh? Makes a complete mockery of the 'priority system'. Surely he should be at Ipswich?

If this Polish match has been rescheduled to whatever day/time and means, by competing in it, there is no way Holder can make it to the priority Ipswich fixture then, quite simply, he shouldn't be riding in Poland. He should be on a flight that does get him to Ipswich on time.

But, we all know what should happen and what does happen, are polar opposites when it comes to such matters. You can bet your life that if it had been the other way round, he wouldn't be missing a Polish fixture on their priority days!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mikebv said:

Maybe Jack has been given permission to ride in Poland?

Seem to remember him being allowed to do so before.....:rolleyes:

I wonder if he will be bringing a brown envelope back on his return. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Premier Pairs 2011 :party:

Unfortunately wasn’t able to attend 1st meet, but have tickets purchased ready for the next. Fingers crossed for weather. 

How did things work in terms of crowd movements under COVID restrictions? Are the food vendors still open and is there any change to how they work? I normally sit in the back straight stands, is it a free for all in terms of seats but just keep a gap? Or are you directed? How well did the separate queue for pre-purchased tickets work?

Many thanks in advance