British Speedway Forum
2ndbendbeerhut

Ipswich vs Sheffield 27th May

45 minutes ago, BarracudaAce said:

Indeed, so much for the UK having priority over other leagues/countries on Mondays and Thursdays eh? Makes a complete mockery of the 'priority system'. Surely he should be at Ipswich?

If this Polish match has been rescheduled to whatever day/time and means, by competing in it, there is no way Holder can make it to the priority Ipswich fixture then, quite simply, he shouldn't be riding in Poland. He should be on a flight that does get him to Ipswich on time.

But, we all know what should happen and what does happen, are polar opposites when it comes to such matters. You can bet your life that if it had been the other way round, he wouldn't be missing a Polish fixture on their priority days!!

Lets get one thing straight- Jack Holder is NOT riding in Poland ( in a match) on Thursday May 27th. He is however riding on Friday evening the 28th in Gorzow for Torun. The match starts at 2030 local and is a scheduled fixture.

22 minutes ago, IpswichDave said:

Unfortunately wasn’t able to attend 1st meet, but have tickets purchased ready for the next. Fingers crossed for weather. 

How did things work in terms of crowd movements under COVID restrictions? Are the food vendors still open and is there any change to how they work? I normally sit in the back straight stands, is it a free for all in terms of seats but just keep a gap? Or are you directed? How well did the separate queue for pre-purchased tickets work?

Many thanks in advance

Seems you can move about to use facilities.  As for seats .. every other row is taped off, apart for that can sit where you want. Most seemed to be leaving gaps between others along the row

Sheffield have not released a meeting premier press release yet and no one from Sheffield has mentioned Jack wilL be missing ? At least I can’t find anything other that Ipswich press release saying he will not be there ?

21 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Lets get one thing straight- Jack Holder is NOT riding in Poland ( in a match) on Thursday May 27th. He is however riding on Friday evening the 28th in Gorzow for Torun. The match starts at 2030 local and is a scheduled fixture.

Interesting what Gasser90 has just posted but, if Holder definitely  isn't riding for Sheffield, it looks like we've all been led astray by the wording of the Ipswich website article. So what is the reason Holder is missing from the Sheffield team? Is it just down to flight availability - could it really be, for instance, that there is no suitable return flight to get him back to Gorzow on time for Friday, and so he is staying in Poland? Why not just be forthright and state the real reason, rather than  come out with some twaddle about a rearranged match? 

• Like 1

Would guess he’s been told to be in Poland 24 hrs before to ensure he doesn’t have last minute travel issues forcing him to miss his Polish match, no one will want to say this officially though

Edited by Red Flag
Added to
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But it still doesn't matter,,, he is contracted to race for Sheffield on Mondays and or Thursdays,, so he is with holding his services,,, and I'm sure that comes with a 28 day ban,,, or it used to.

I would imagine a conversation went something like,,,,, hello Simon it's Jack,, I'm really awful at Foxhall,, even on my last visit I had to fake injury, so maybe you should use rr for me and I will stay in or go to Poland,  it should be okay cos speedway fans are mugs and will buy the BS and turn up anyway. 

No it doesn't matter - you are 100% right.  My thoughts on maybe no return flight to Gorzow, and the twaddle over a rearranged fixture,  were hinting that the Ipswich website was feeding us some BS.

Jack himself was probably giving us a clue that he wasn't going to be at Ipswich in his Eurosport interview at the NSS last week. And Red Flag is most likely correct. Doubt a UK club would 'get away' with insisting that though. 

• Like 1

Let's be honest,,, they can say what they want,,, no one actually cares,,, as long as the die hards get to see 4 bikes and riders go round a track 

57 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Would guess he’s been told to be in Poland 24 hrs before to ensure he doesn’t have last minute travel issues forcing him to miss his Polish match, no one will want to say this officially though

Maybe they should, I think British fans know the Poles are pulling the strings ...... on the other hand if this is going to be a problem with Jack on a lot of Thursdays something has to give?  Basically it's not fair on clubs that meet Sheffield with Jack racing .....

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

One difference - Ipswich said we are not having that , you're out!!

Timing was far from ideal but the decision that means some longer term credibility was made

The Holder situation is unacceptable 

We should be lodging a protest and publicly condemning this type of scenario 

Instead it seems it will be meekly accepted and brushed under the carpet rather like the Bates rising star fiasco 

This has even someone like me seriously considering why I bother

Certainly not the impression I got after reading Klindts article in the star, sounded like he walked away after deciding he would miss too many matches.

Timing was dreadful, good job Allen changed his mind about riding in the UK, credibility isn’t a word that’s particularly relevant to speedway especially here.

Their is a lot about speedway that’s unacceptable.

You should now as well as anyone that Protests are expensive and generally pointless.

Supporters views are not considered it’s what the Promoters and more importantly the MC want that decides things, your boss now is in a better position than most to decide how to run things. 

The Bates rising star fiasco is yet another subject matter entirely.

Your last line is probably something most fans consider every week.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

One difference - Ipswich said we are not having that , you're out!!

Timing was far from ideal but the decision that means some longer term credibility was made

The Holder situation is unacceptable 

We should be lodging a protest and publicly condemning this type of scenario 

Instead it seems it will be meekly accepted and brushed under the carpet rather like the Bates rising star fiasco 

This has even someone like me seriously considering why I bother

28 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Certainly not the impression I got after reading Klindts article in the star, sounded like he walked away after deciding he would miss too many matches.

Timing was dreadful, good job Allen changed his mind about riding in the UK, credibility isn’t a word that’s particularly relevant to speedway especially here.

Their is a lot about speedway that’s unacceptable.

You should now as well as anyone that Protests are expensive and generally pointless.

Supporters views are not considered it’s what the Promoters and more importantly the MC want that decides things, your boss now is in a better position than most to decide how to run things. 

The Bates rising star fiasco is yet another subject matter entirely.

Your last line is probably something most fans consider every week.

Totally agree with all three sentences. Some might not well agree with my stance, but I now only attend speedway and pay my money to enjoy the racing that's going on in front of me. I cheer for my team to win and admire the abilities of all 14  riders (if we see two full teams) on view on any particular night. For a couple of hours or so I'm happy in the knowledge that the majority are busting a gut to do well on the night because their efforts in most cases are reflected in their pay cheques. Other than that I try to forget that I'm watching a league structure that allows so much manipulation it really doesn't have any integrity. And, it is only because I am watching speedway at the NSS that I still choose to go. Had Belle Vue Aces & Belle Vue Colts still been at the Greyhound Stadium I would have stopped going several years ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GregoryM said:

Totally agree with all three sentences. Some might not well agree with my stance, but I now only attend speedway and pay my money to enjoy the racing that's going on in front of me. I cheer for my team to win and admire the abilities of all 14  riders (if we see two full teams) on view on any particular night. For a couple of hours or so I'm happy in the knowledge that the majority are busting a gut to do well on the night because their efforts in most cases are reflected in their pay cheques. Other than that I try to forget that I'm watching a league structure that allows so much manipulation it really doesn't have any integrity. And, it is only because I am watching speedway at the NSS that I still choose to go. Had Belle Vue Aces & Belle Vue Colts still been at the Greyhound Stadium I would have stopped going several years ago. 

When i used to go I had exactly the same outlook...

ie "just watch the racing, the result doesn't matter"...

Gradually though I eventually decided I couldn't justify the outlay for me and my lad (and its £37 quid this year:rolleyes::D)...

To be honest, being surrounded by those who happily colluded with promoters that what we were watching was a 'proper sporting contest' also used to wind me up too..  :D

"If they are wearing the Ace of Clubs then they are my team"....:rolleyes:

Think fans really need to "give" a little over normal regulations for this season with the current restrictions that are in place, the usual rules will most likely "give" just to get meetings on in most cases, it may get worse as we progress as well, so for one season R/R and guests for many reasons will happen, sounds like a normal season anyway so not sure what all the fuss is about, each to their own for why they go to Speedway, I go to see some close racing and hope one or two score well, i'm not overly fussed about the result so won't pick apart any rule type to give either side an advantage or disadvantage.

The alternative could be no speedway? I know which I would prefer 

52 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Think fans really need to "give" a little over normal regulations for this season with the current restrictions that are in place, the usual rules will most likely "give" just to get meetings on in most cases, it may get worse as we progress as well, so for one season R/R and guests for many reasons will happen, sounds like a normal season anyway so not sure what all the fuss is about, each to their own for why they go to Speedway, I go to see some close racing and hope one or two score well, i'm not overly fussed about the result so won't pick apart any rule type to give either side an advantage or disadvantage.

The alternative could be no speedway? I know which I would prefer 

I don't think many would mind if the rules are relaxed/amended/ignored for one season given the circumstances as long as that was the publicly stated stance on it all and all teams had to operate by the same model. As it stands the year will be a mess as we know so why not ditch RR for a season altogether? Every team must track 7 riders, guests up to the average of the missing rider and job done. Yes there will be a few ringers as always but at least the age old request of 7vs7 will finally be answered.

• Like 2