British Speedway Forum
2ndbendbeerhut

Ipswich vs Sheffield 27th May

I might agree with you but how are there going to actually be any guests? A quick glance at June’s fixtures shows that eg on the 7th and 21st there are three matches, ie all six teams are racing. If there are a few injuries it will be impossible to stage some of the matches. 

• Like 1

This is deffo a case of Jack picking and choosing the tracks he likes.

should be a 28 day ban 

but im sure i read because of covid they were going to be lenient with rules, in which case gives riders the the chance to pick and choose there meetings, 

this wont be the last time it happens

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

should be a 28 day ban 

but im sure i read because of covid they were going to be lenient with rules, in which case gives riders the the chance to pick and choose there meetings, 

Yep, what little credibility British speedway had left has eroded away a little more with this. It’s a shame as this was a good opportunity to reset and start afresh with some proper integrity. 

• Like 2

This is definitely not a case of Jack picking and choosing tracks, this is purely Jack picking and choosing which paymaster he pleases and the amount he is prepared to spend to do so.

As anyone can see it is possible to get from England to Poland on Friday morning but there is only one chance and probably would involve a lot of logistics with travel and therefore expense. Add in covid tests time spent travelling and how prepared he would be once arriving in Gorzow. He wouldn't land in Warsaw till midday, how long to get through and out the airport etc??? Then it is a 5 hour drive to Gorzow.  For the money he is paid in the UK to race compared to the money he could miss out on in Poland its a no brainer

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I take it Stewart is racing tonight,,, as haven't seen anything saying he isn't. 

You will find out at 7.30pm mate....

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

I think Ipswich will win to-night but will all depend on Rowe for Ipswich and "Batch" if he feels like it. for Sheffield.

Well at least Batch will be there - unless he has realises the Friends reunion airs on Sky One at 8 and changes his mind.......

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Well at least Batch will be there - unless he has realises the Friends reunion airs on Sky One at 8 and changes his mind.......

I'll be there for you....does Jack Holder know the way.

I'll be there for you...not if it's Ipswich in May.

• Haha 4

Sheffield owners are to blame. They should've know better than to sign Jack Holder. 

He'll be gone before the end of the season for sure and replaced by someone like Josh Auty or Ricky Wells.

4 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Sheffield owners are to blame. They should've know better than to sign Jack Holder. 

He'll be gone before the end of the season for sure and replaced by someone like Josh Auty or Ricky Wells.

I think I'd rather have Jack part time than either if them tbh. But then it isn't my club so that is all I will say!

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep, what little credibility British speedway had left has eroded away a little more with this. It’s a shame as this was a good opportunity to reset and start afresh with some proper integrity. 

Proper integrity? Are you having a laugh?  Better to stay a bit more realistic i think! 

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

should be a 28 day ban 

Rubbish. I’m fairly certain that riders in Poland are being required to submit their covid test in Poland 24 hours before their matches. That means, he must be in Poland on Thursday to test to be able to ride Friday. I’m not saying it’s right but that’s the way it is.

Peoole quoting Britain getting priority on a Thursday and then bowing down to the Poles are deluded. This again is a knock on effect to the balls up to the team building rules set out. Anybody riding in the Esktraliga shouldn’t of been allowed to ride in this country due to the commitments of Friday fixtures in Poland. No Esktraliga riders and 6 man teams for this year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

I'll be there for you....does Jack Holder know the way.

I'll be there for you...not if it's Ipswich in May.

Seems like your bike is set with the wrong gear,

So you'll need to injure your foot, your ankle, your knee, or even your ear!

@Presenter Any chance of "I'll be there for you" by the Rembrandts on the playlist tonight please?

Edited by cowboycookfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1