British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

28.05.2021 - KOC - Scunthorpe v Leicester

PLEASE note there are roadworks on Normanby Road, right outside the Eddie Wright Raceway, so please leave extra travelling time for Attis Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions v Leicester Lions tomorrow (Friday, 7.30pm). Thank you!

58 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

PLEASE note there are roadworks on Normanby Road, right outside the Eddie Wright Raceway, so please leave extra travelling time for Attis Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions v Leicester Lions tomorrow (Friday, 7.30pm). Thank you!

Any information about how disruptive they are, and how long they may be there?  Not a Scunthorpe local, so do not know what to expect. I can get there early, more concerned about delay in getting back.

Thanks

Edited by ShyTalk

On Sunday, I hung around a bit in the stadium to let the stampede out, about 10 minutes, then ventured to my car & left the car park. There were only 2 or 3 cars at the traffic lights & they changed to green straight away.

If you are coming to Scunthorpe via the M181, on using the orbital road then up the hill & if you have google maps or tomtom, turn left at the circle up the hill & go round the industrial site(fairly easy). As you approach the circle on Normanby Road, some people park their cars there & take the short walk(approx. 150m) to the stadium.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

On Sunday, I hung around a bit in the stadium to let the stampede out, about 10 minutes, then ventured to my car & left the car park. There were only 2 or 3 cars at the traffic lights & they changed to green straight away.

If you are coming to Scunthorpe via the M181, on using the orbital road then up the hill & if you have google maps or tomtom, turn left at the circle up the hill & go round the industrial site(fairly easy). As you approach the circle on Normanby Road, some people park their cars there & take the short walk(approx. 150m) to the stadium.

Thanks. 

Some fans might get a nasty shock tonight when they realise Scunny are understrength. Leicester win by 6.

Scunny got a decent result against a poor Plymouth side and whilst Leicester have Proctor but that still not enough to give a home win i fear. Can't see a row of duck eggs for any visiting rider tonight, 2nd leg will be a formality

2 hours ago, eric i said:

Some fans might get a nasty shock tonight when they realise Scunny are understrength. Leicester win by 6.

Who’s this referring to?

3 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Who’s this referring to?

Any casual Scunny fan who saw us thrash a very weak Plymouth side.

Is there room for a coach to park am passing empty later thought might pop in?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Is there room for a coach to park am passing empty later thought might pop in?

Probably best to park on the industrial site where some cars park on the road side but open spaces as well. ( turn left at circle not right towards stadium & car park).

Having followed the updates it was a very solid Lions performance tonight and puts Scunthorpe's win over Plymouth in to perspective. Although Auty's duck was a major factor, it seems unlikely that he would have prevented a home defeat.

Early days but I'm confident that our reserves will hold their own away and easily outscore their opposite numbers at home. Bates appeared to have issues with his bike tonight but at least didn't come off and injure himself or opponents.

Scunny fans may not think that the return leg is worth travelling to but it's a night out in the fresh air and Leicester people will make them very welcome. Its only speedway for goodness sake whatever the outcome!

the outcome!

think me and paul's going to the second leg... it's a night out

as for tonight... the shower pre meeting didn't help matters, but thats no excuse. We were beaten by the better team on the night, and congratulations to the Lions

10 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

. Bates appeared to have issues with his bike tonight but at least didn't come off and injure himself or opponents.

last ride he through a Chain and came off

his words not mine