British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

28.05.2021 - KOC - Scunthorpe v Leicester

10 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Early days but I'm confident that our reserves will hold their own away and easily outscore their opposite numbers at home.

Most impressed with the reserves, first time I've seen them race properly watched them since their first laps as Coventry mascots... I only wish I could distinguish who was who, I'm sure that will come in time lol

I don't like to be critical (I love it) but I've got to comment on the atmosphere at the track last night and it was dead, I know the home team were taking a pumping but when all you can hear is a rusty swing from the other side of the stadium you have to ask yourself, if this is the best the head of British Speedway can do, there's not much hope. Sonically it sounded like a deserted gas station in the middle of the American desert lol

From memory, there was only Kyle Howarth who came round to acknowledge the crowd, no interviews with riders, music constantly chopping and changing, results of a race not being given until after the next race when there was a close finish.

I know times are tough and I'm sure there are reasons (for the music) but surely you've got to get the basics right that don't cost anything.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't like to be critical (I love it) but I've got to comment on the atmosphere at the track last night and it was dead, I know the home team were taking a pumping but when all you can hear is a rusty swing from the other side of the stadium you have to ask yourself, if this is the best the head of British Speedway can do, there's not much hope. Sonically it sounded like a deserted gas station in the middle of the American desert lol

From memory, there was only Kyle Howarth who came round to acknowledge the crowd, no interviews with riders, music constantly chopping and changing, results of a race not being given until after the next race when there was a close finish.

I know times are tough and I'm sure there are reasons (for the music) but surely you've got to get the basics right that don't cost anything.

I agree!

Message to Mr Godfrey.  What an abysmal sound system you have especially the speaker facing the stand just after the start.  It has been poor for at least 3 seasons and the people in the stand have to shout across to the other side to ask results and times.

There is absolutely no point announcing riders, times etc  when they are at the starting gate because the engines totally drown out what you are saying. 

What is the point of having a scoreboard if it is not used?  The old faithful in this stand are getting very frustrated with the whole Announcing/ PA System, please change the speaker, update it , and get the scoreboard up and running.

Rant over, Thank You.

7 hours ago, iainb said:

Somehow speedway presentation needs brought kicking and screaming from the 80`s up to the present day. 

Last week against Plymouth I was stood in the main stand at the start line and the atmosphere was brilliant.. I went to get a beer or 2 and stayed where the tables were situated at turn 1 and it was awful nobody cheering whatsoever it put me on a bit of a downer to be fair..the view wasn’t great either the tarmac needs raising around that area to get a decent view. 

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Message to Mr Godfrey.  What an abysmal sound system you have especially the speaker facing the stand just after the start.  It has been poor for at least 3 seasons and the people in the stand have to shout across to the other side to ask results and times.

There is absolutely no point announcing riders, times etc  when they are at the starting gate because the engines totally drown out what you are saying

What is the point of having a scoreboard if it is not used?  The old faithful in this stand are getting very frustrated with the whole Announcing/ PA System, please change the speaker, update it , and get the scoreboard up and running.

Rant over, Thank You.

Regarding the Scoreboard, due to Covid restrictions, I believe there can only be 2 in the refs box, so the operator for the scoreboard can't be in there... i could be wrong tho