British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Eastbourne v Poole 29th May 2021 Championship

For the first time in years, the mighty Pirates head along the south coast for what in the past was some good old budgie bashing. They were great days, watching Dugard Jnr hit the deck on bend on, floppy Norris trying to get past Trick, and Dugard Snr doctoring the track on his tractor, then blowing a fuse and not allowing Poole a victory lap after yet another victory.  Great times.

I don’t expect Saturday to live up to those great heady days, but it’s the first meeting for us and for some of our team their first chance to race. Weather is looking set fair, and not many tickets are left. Main straight and first and second bends sold out.

Expecting a budgie win but want to see some real effort from us guys.  Bring it on!

https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing?eid=17215&

Edited by Steve Shovlar

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

For the first time in years, the ONCE mighty Pirates head along the south coast for what in the past was some good old budgie bashing. They were great days, watching Poole riders on doctored tyres win every heat from the gate,  Dugard Jnr hit the deck on bend on, floppy Norris trying to get past Trick, and Dugard Snr doctoring the track on his tractor, then blowing a fuse and not allowing Poole a victory lap after yet another victory.  Great times.

I don’t expect Saturday to live up to those great heady days, but it’s the first meeting for us and for some of our team their first chance to race.  Weather is looking set fair, and not many tickets are left. Main straight and first and second bends sold out.

Expecting a budgie win but want to see some real effort from us guys.  Bring it on!

https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing?eid=17215&

Thought I would add some balnce to your post as a neutral.

• Haha 1

Looking forward to the trip to Arlington on Saturday.  Its been a few years since Poole last rode there and it will be a tough challenge.

Weather is set fair I believe  so its all system go.

Hope to see a few Pirates supporters there if they have been able to purchase tickets.. 

Meeting is completely sold out.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 11:00 AM, old bob at herne bay said:

Thought I would add some balnce to your post as a neutral.

Just to add some balance to your comments in red.

Eastbourne wanted to report Poole for tyre issues. They were going ahead with it until they found out some of their riders had done exactly the same!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Away win :t:

• Haha 4

Not much chance of that Starman. Realistically if we get close to a bonus point I would be happy.

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not much chance of that Starman. Realistically if we get close to a bonus point I would be happy.

Hey Steve, are you down in Sussex today?

I can't make this evening otherwise it would of been good to catch up again, not seen you since my Adam Shields days and thats a good while back now!

Next time the clubs face up again I will make a point of catching up, stay safe and enjoy the speedway..

Edited by M.D
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

the return of an icon hope you are ok mike :t:ps cant see us winning this one still you never know 

11 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

No way - home win for Eagles first fixture

2 hours ago, M.D said:

Hey Steve, are you down in Sussex today?

I can't make this evening otherwise it would of been good to catch up again, not seen you since my Adam Shields days and thats a good while back now!

Next time the clubs face up again I will make a point of catching up, stay safe and enjoy the speedway..

Hi how are you doing? Yes coming down for tonight’s meeting. Long time no see! 

• Like 1

Poole are a much better looking side than they looked like being pre season and schlein is excellent round arlo.

However i think eastbourne will get the win on the night

Sumptuous timing from the budgies, sent the crowd home elated v the auld enemy .