British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Eastbourne v Poole 29th May 2021 Championship

7 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

He was pretty impressive on the grass at Frittenden today. He beat James Shanes in the final, which is no mean feat.

That’ll make people think again, when they say he had a disappointing career :D

Seeing him as an 8 year old on the junior track at Arlington he was a stand out top performer ..... got to Champion on speedway at u21 level, and I expected him to become a regular GP rider. 

Well I got that one wrong. Let’s see how my next pick Anders Rowe gets on.... I reckoned he would be very good the first time I saw him at Kent. 

8 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Seeing him as an 8 year old on the junior track at Arlington he was a stand out top performer ..... got to Champion on speedway at u21 level, and I expected him to become a regular GP rider. 

Well I got that one wrong. Let’s see how my next pick Anders Rowe gets on.... I reckoned he would be very good the first time I saw him at Kent. 

Its great to see Anders progress.

Saw him at Weymouth when his feet barely touched the ground, even on the mini bikes! A slightly awkward style, which maybe Crumpie can help him with? Smashing lad and I always make sure he and his Dad know Im there when hes racing.

Made a very strong start to 2021.Hope he continues to look, learn and listen.

Rowe and Brennan both look good prospects. Need to listen and learn. Hopefully not the type of rider who sees their name in the side of their van and think they have made it.

19 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Didn’t expect Poole to get a point at Arlington against the team Trevor Geer tips to win everything this season. 

Good on Poole for doing the right thing in heat 15 and giving the home fans something to remember so they come back to EB next week...... good for business.

Ed Kennett goes down as one in my book who promised so much as a young lad ... I tipped him as a future champion, but somehow he lost his way.

Trevor Geer has gone no further than saying the Eagles will make the top 4 - a far cry from winning everything. He wrote that himself.

Apologies Richard, it was Trevor Geer, Ian Jordan and Will Pottinger who predicted that Eagle would win the Champiopnship.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/happy-new-year-as-eastbournes-three-wise-eagles-predict/

I know I had read it somewhere.

26 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Apologies Richard, it was Trevor Geer, Ian Jordan and Will Pottinger who predicted that Eagle would win the Champiopnship.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/happy-new-year-as-eastbournes-three-wise-eagles-predict/

I know I had read it somewhere.

They were predictions for the 2020 season.

This is 2021 - I know things go mighty slow in sleepy Kent, but....:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1