British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Eastbourne v Poole 29th May 2021 Championship

8 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Nice to see Paul losing in the lower league, Manchester United of speedway should be walking these fixtures surely.

Different league, different teams my friend, by the way its spelt Poole, which you already know don't you 

Edited by Arthur54

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Nothing has changed for kennett in 2 seasons, totally unreliable in the races that matter.

Shame for brennan who had looked really fast and his 5 lost points let poole pinch an away one.

Poole should be pleased really, i dont think many sides will get one at arlo this yr

Tbh before the meeting no one gave us a chance and I would have taken a league point there and then. For others I guess it is hard to take as leading nearly the whole meeting apart from when it counts! But performance bodes well for rest of the season.

• Like 4

teams will soon  realize take the choice of heat 15 gates if you win the toss

16 minutes ago, ray c said:

teams will soon  realize take the choice of heat 15 gates if you win the toss

They have yet to pick up on that simple fact that prior to heat 1 nobody knows which will be the best gates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technik said:

They have yet to pick up on that simple fact that prior to heat 1 nobody knows which will be the best gates. 

Pretty easy at Eastbourne it’s always 1&3, very few tracks provide a half decent gate 4

wasn't there , but reading all the comments with interest . certainly not the score i wanted or expected . hoped a 50+ score would really grab the attention of the rest of the league and have most teams beaten before they arrive which i believe has been the case very often , that hasn't happened . i thought kyle & edward would do much better against poole . however result will show teams that they're not beaten until riders have crossed the line in heat 15 .  bragging rights on the south coast certainly goes to the pirates . i'm not so sure that any talk of "revenge" in the return leg isn't misplaced though . i think the eagles will be the team with the point to prove now , if so that's going to be a cracker. hope that everything gets opened up at poole soon as we could do with some good news after somerset .   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Pretty easy at Eastbourne it’s always 1&3, very few tracks provide a half decent gate 4

Whilst I will agree the inside gate did provide more than it's share of race win's there were also a good number of positive results from gate 4 from both teams. I think heat 1 needs to be taken out of the equation as there were only 2 starters. but for the rest of the meeting 1 & 4 were the better gates I would honestly say 2 & 3 were the worst for the night.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Technik said:

Whilst I will agree the inside gate did provide more than it's share of race win's there were also a good number of positive results from gate 4 from both teams. I think heat 1 needs to be taken out of the equation as there were only 2 starters. but for the rest of the meeting 1 & 4 were the better gates I would honestly say 2 & 3 were the worst for the night.

Was not there but if speedway updates right results gate 3 was actually easily highest winning gate percentage 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh before the meeting no one gave us a chance and I would have taken a league point there and then. For others I guess it is hard to take as leading nearly the whole meeting apart from when it counts! But performance bodes well for rest of the season.

A lot of people gave Poole more than a chance and the reason for that is the inactivity of a number of the home riders in competitive matches - The Eagle’s first match last Saturday was rained off as was their second at Kent last Tuesday - So going into yesterday’s match 4 of the team had not had a competitive match so far and could understandably be ring rusty  (Richard Lawson, Eddie Kennett, Kyle Newman, and Jason Edwards) - Lewis Kerr had ridden in 2 Premier matches as had Tom Brennan and Drew Kemp - On the Poole side Danny King had 2 Premier matches as had Steve Worrall with Rory Schlein having one - I assume Danyon Hume and Stefan Nielsen have not been in competition this season but stand to be corrected if they have - And were the 2 young Aussies riding back home earlier on this year? - But this would have been their first visit to Arlington - I’m also led to believe that Eddie Kennett has a very young son and we all know how much that takes out of you - Eastbourne will improve a lot as the season progresses and along with Leicester, Glasgow, Redcar, and Poole will be up there battling it out - Don’t be hard on any rider at this stage of the season as they are all trying to get back in the swing and for some it will take longer than others - Be glad British speedway is up and running and enjoy the sport we all love - 

• Like 3

Surprised to see Poole, despite dropping a level are still choking it.   Is it the water or something far more deep rooted ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, semion said:

Surprised to see Poole, despite dropping a level are still choking it.   Is it the water or something far more deep rooted ?

:rofl: Took ya time! 

At least we get close, same cannot be said for your beloved club! :oops:

;):o

6 hours ago, gee jay said:

wasn't there , but reading all the comments with interest . certainly not the score i wanted or expected . hoped a 50+ score would really grab the attention of the rest of the league and have most teams beaten before they arrive which i believe has been the case very often , that hasn't happened . i thought kyle & edward would do much better against poole . however result will show teams that they're not beaten until riders have crossed the line in heat 15 .  bragging rights on the south coast certainly goes to the pirates . i'm not so sure that any talk of "revenge" in the return leg isn't misplaced though . i think the eagles will be the team with the point to prove now , if so that's going to be a cracker. hope that everything gets opened up at poole soon as we could do with some good news after somerset .   

I was there.

Unfair on Kyle, who was giving it everything.

He was beaten once by Shlein & King and twice by Worrall (who was absolutely flying).

A real favourite at Eastbourne.

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

:rofl: Took ya time! 

At least we get close, same cannot be said for your beloved club! :oops:

;):o

Dish served cold :D.

We are Horse &@£), but everyone could see that from before the get go.   We win sod all at the top table.  That’s our role.   Mind we did clean up a few season at the level you find yourself.

• Like 1

Didn’t expect Poole to get a point at Arlington against the team Trevor Geer tips to win everything this season. 

Good on Poole for doing the right thing in heat 15 and giving the home fans something to remember so they come back to EB next week...... good for business.

Ed Kennett goes down as one in my book who promised so much as a young lad ... I tipped him as a future champion, but somehow he lost his way.

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Didn’t expect Poole to get a point at Arlington against the team Trevor Geer tips to win everything this season. 

Good on Poole for doing the right thing in heat 15 and giving the home fans something to remember so they come back to EB next week...... good for business.

Ed Kennett goes down as one in my book who promised so much as a young lad ... I tipped him as a future champion, but somehow he lost his way.

He was pretty impressive on the grass at Frittenden today. He beat James Shanes in the final, which is no mean feat.