British Speedway Forum

Having ploughed through the GP regulations on the FIM website that finally finished loading!!!! ,maybe i missed a few things,but just wondered if someone can clarify certain things.

Things like fuel are free but are the tyres free and is it just a single make and tread that is allowed? maybe i missed it in the regs but i couldnt see any brand of tyre that could be used?

Can some rider just turn up with a 500 cc protoype engine that gives them an edge thats within the rules or is it just the main engine brands allowed?

Silencers and frame. Free to choose?

Only 2 bikes per rider on race night? 

IF only the GP website would give us all the info we need !! 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by speedwaysliders

5 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

Having ploughed through the GP regulations on the FIM website that finally finished loading!!!! ,maybe i missed a few things,but just wondered if someone can clarify certain things.

Things like fuel are free but are the tyres free and is it just a single make and tread that is allowed? maybe i missed it in the regs but i couldnt see any brand of tyre that could be used?

Can some rider just turn up with a 500 cc protoype engine that gives them an edge thats within the rules or is it just the main engine brands allowed?

Thanks in advance.

If you Google FIM world speedway championship regulations 2021 you will find a  FIM 39 page document which should tell you everything you want to know.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

Thanks in advance.

Tyres must be on the Homologation list & will be ordered prior to the event by the rider/team & fitted on race day at the allocated time, For practice any tyres can be used.

As long as an engine meets the requirements within the current regulations there is no reason why a proto-type could not be used.

Silencers as with tyres must be homologated, & the frame again if it conforms it can be used.

Each rider can present 3 machines for race day but can only have two in their pit bay at any time, a third (spare) machine would need to be kept in  the Parc Ferme area under the supervision of the Machine Examiner & can only be removed if replaced by another machine.

• Like 1