British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Al Stewart

Edinburgh v Redcar 28th May

No thread yet for this match but it looks like a good one to me. Redcar must be one of the strongest sides in the league surely? The limited capacity match tickets are sold out.

I would have thought Bears fans would be keen to watch for £11.95 for the Live Stream. You can get it via the Edinburgh website in the EMTV section. I appreciate some will wait to see what the weather is doing.

Edinburgh will stream every Armadale match live this season, Monarchs and Devils. At the moment while crowds are limited there is no geographical restriction on where you can watch from.

Really looking forward to a great season following the Bears. I'm hoping they go one better this year than narrowly missing out on the league title last time out.

Anders Rowe is a terrific signing, and with Jake joining up too, they will further strengthen an already powerful set up.

Looking for at least a point at Armadale.  UTB !!! 

Waiting to see if the weather holds (fingers crossed the forecast looks ok at the moment) before I purchase the stream. Well done to Edinburgh for providing this service, hopefully a few other teams will follow (if it's financially viable,of course).

Not sure what to expect as it's early season although quite a few of the Bears will have had a few matches under their belts. Entertaining and safe meeting is the main thing, although some points for the Bears would be welcome.

Looking forward to it and Sunday too.

Very difficult first match. Would’ve been a challenge a few months into the season but with the boys having yet to take to the Armadale shale for even a practice it’s going to be difficult. Would happily take any sort of win but we’ll see.

Anyone used the stream before? Tempted to get it if it's decent quality 

Does anyone know. If you purchase the stream. Can you watch it, after the event. I will be at work, during the live stream. Thanks in advance.

Hard one to call this one but I think home advantage will be the decider. Redcar don’t perform too well at Armadale usually and a couple of their new team have openly stated it’s not one of their favourite tracks . Sergeant might be a star for them but I think the home team will have enough for a comfortable win and the Bears would be happy to go away with a point from their first match of the season.

2 hours ago, Kedavra said:

Anyone used the stream before? Tempted to get it if it's decent quality 

Stream is of good quality imo.

2 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Does anyone know. If you purchase the stream. Can you watch it, after the event. I will be at work, during the live stream. Thanks in advance.

Yes you can watch it after if not able to watch it live.

• Like 1

I will get the stream as soon as I know it is going ahead . Great idea from Edinburgh.

Edinburgh always a tough venue to visit  - been very happy with a point.  Safe meeting to all involved

Good result for Redcar , watched this on the stream, excellent coverage

• Like 1

Well I thoroughly enjoyed watching the stream, obviously helped by the fact by the Bears getting a draw.

For the Bears - Allen and MPT excellent. Rowe, Sarjeant and Jenkins rode well and picked up good points. Charles Wright and particularly Jordan looked off the pace but  plenty of time to come good. If you’d told me before the meeting that Wright and Stewart would score a combined 8 points I’d have said the Bears would be on the end of a drubbing.

For the Monarchs - Masters as good as expected, Pickering excellent too. The Bears fans least favourite Worrall started the meeting superbly but faded towards the end. Plenty of promise from Thomsen too.

Some cracking races - quite a few passes including a lovely outside swoop by Allen on Masters.

Hats off to the Monarchs for the stream - picture quality was great, commentary was obviously favoured towards the home team (as you would expect) but very fair and overall excellent value. Nearly 200 watching so I hope it made it worthwhile.

Good nights entertainment.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Well I thoroughly enjoyed watching the stream, obviously helped by the fact by the Bears getting a draw.

For the Bears - Allen and MPT excellent. Rowe, Sarjeant and Jenkins rode well and picked up good points. Charles Wright and particularly Jordan looked off the pace but  plenty of time to come good. If you’d told me before the meeting that Wright and Stewart would score a combined 8 points I’d have said the Bears would be on the end of a drubbing.

For the Monarchs - Masters as good as expected, Pickering excellent too. The Bears fans least favourite Worrall started the meeting superbly but faded towards the end. Plenty of promise from Thomsen too.

Some cracking races - quite a few passes including a lovely outside swoop by Allen on Masters.

Hats off to the Monarchs for the stream - picture quality was great, commentary was obviously favoured towards the home team (as you would expect) but very fair and overall excellent value. Nearly 200 watching so I hope it made it worthwhile.

Good nights entertainment.

Thanks for the kind words re the stream 

We do our best to try and be impartial but the fan in me does take over some times, I did have to catch myself after Thomson’s win in heat 5 

Thoroughly enjoyable match with some cracking races throughout and in my eyes a fair result. Allen’s move in heat 13 was outstanding.

Bears will be a tough team to beat this year with better nights ahead for Wright and Stewart no doubt. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gmuncie said:

Thanks for the kind words re the stream 

We do our best to try and be impartial but the fan in me does take over some times, I did have to catch myself after Thomson’s win in heat 5 

Thoroughly enjoyable match with some cracking races throughout and in my eyes a fair result. Allen’s move in heat 13 was outstanding.

Bears will be a tough team to beat this year with better nights ahead for Wright and Stewart no doubt. 

It’s a home team stream, don’t expect impartiality and like I said I thought it was very fair.

I wish more clubs would follow Edinburgh’s example, certainly for away fans. 

• Like 1