British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Al Stewart

Edinburgh v Redcar 28th May

1 hour ago, enotian said:

Easy to do the maths as well.

If anything I wrote was wrong please advise.  Not being negative just pointing out the risks.

No, you are entitled to your opinion.

You were pointing out the possible risks, I was pointing out the possible benefits.

Purchased the meeting on Catchup. And it stops playing after heat 8. Has anyone else suffered this issue.

23 hours ago, Al Stewart said:

It's hard to understand why other teams are not doing it. Ours is produced by our own technical wizards with our own equipment, no-one gets paid, so it is extra revenue for the club.

Most seem to have enjoyed the stream I've seen one person who had reception issues.

Plymouth were quoted £1500 to £2k to stream , at a tenner they would need 151 or 201 family’s to purchase the stream to make a tenner ...gamble imo

3 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Purchased the meeting on Catchup. And it stops playing after heat 8. Has anyone else suffered this issue.

I purchased the live stream and that also allows viewing after the meeting.
I just checked and what is available to me just now ends after heat 8, so it looks like they have an issue, yes.

Sadly from reading a number of posts over the last few years on various forums, it is clear some speedway fans don't like to pay for anything that is 'televised'. They are always looking for a free service rather than pay for Sky, BT, Premier Sports, Eurosport, etc. This match was covered by the speedway updates site as are most matches. It is great when you can't get to your own track for some reason or for distant away matches. However this match was available thanks to the efforts of the Edinburgh promotion. The updater for the updates site purchased a pass to view the action and then posted detailed updates. It had 1000s of views none of which benefitted the clubs involved. Surely when a reasonably priced stream is available, fans from both teams and those with a casual interest should purchase a pass? 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, HenryW said:

I purchased the live stream and that also allows viewing after the meeting.
I just checked and what is available to me just now ends after heat 8, so it looks like they have an issue, yes.

If you haven't done so already, send details to info@edinburghmonarchs.co.uk and this will be sorted. It certainly wasn't the case with the Live Stream itself.

Edited by Al Stewart
Adding a bit.

14 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

Plymouth were quoted £1500 to £2k to stream , at a tenner they would need 151 or 201 family’s to purchase the stream to make a tenner ...gamble imo

I'm certainly not recommending hiring anyone in, we definitely would not do it at that cost either. There's no need for that level of cost if you have someone who knows what they are doing. Fortunately for Edinburgh they have.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:15 AM, Pinny said:

Really?

The sport in many peoples eyes, in person, is a ten quid sport. So to sit at home and watch it , a fiver is hardly un reasonable. 

Your telling me watching 15 heats of speedway in an empty stadium in the second tier of probably the 4th or even 5th ranked country for speedway is more than a fiver?! Do me a favour. 

Why is speedway a £10 sport? What an odd comment. We were probably paying a tenner on the gate about 25 years ago.