British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

06/06/21 1600 Newcastle v Edinburgh (C-KOC) Followed By 1800 Newcastle v Armadale (NDL)

41 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly you couldn't make it up...

Ricky Wells has dropped us in the pony for Sunday and has now pulled out of his Guesting opportunity...

The promotion are now working on a couple of others... soon as i hear owt I will stick it on here...

Regards 

THJ 

Shame if we've been dropped in the clarts, but looking at it from a pragmatic perspective,,, if our only option is R/R, it gives the rest of the team a bit 'track time',,, it may well be that the tie is well beyond our grasp after Friday, so maybe wasting money on a guest is pointless?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly you couldn't make it up...

Ricky Wells has dropped us in the pony for Sunday and has now pulled out of his Guesting opportunity...

The promotion are now working on a couple of others... soon as i hear owt I will stick it on here...

Regards 

THJ 

Do you know the reason he’s dropped out? Would seem strange a rider pulling out of a guest booking especially with having no meetings for over a year. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Do you know the reason he’s dropped out? Would seem strange a rider pulling out of a guest booking especially with having no meetings for over a year. 

Do you know why?

22 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yep I do but I don't think it is my place or would be appropriate for me to put it on here

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Do you know why?

No can’t say I do on this occasion.

• Thanks 1

Kyle Howarth guests for the diamonds.Good luck Newcastle for both matches and stay safe#

5 hours ago, soupy said:

Kyle Howarth guests for the diamonds.Good luck Newcastle for both matches and stay safe#

By lad Soupy ya pushing this one mind... lol... it was posted last month Kyle is guesting up at Edinburgh... read back in the posts more than the last half dozen...

Tero Aarnio now guests for Newcastle at home on Sunday...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

By lad Soupy ya pushing this one mind... lol... it was posted last month Kyle is guesting up at Edinburgh... read back in the posts more than the last half dozen...

Tero Aarnio now guests for Newcastle at home on Sunday...

Regards 

THJ

Newcastle have just put a post on Facebook previewing the two matches and it's still saying Ricky Wells is guesting for us on Sunday...

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

Newcastle have just put a post on Facebook previewing the two matches and it's still saying Ricky Wells is guesting for us on Sunday...

THJ isn't usually far off the money.;)

17 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

THJ isn't usually far off the money.;)

Yeah I totally get that he's usually bang on...  just don't really understand why the promotion don't say if Wells isn't guesting anymore?

9 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Yeah I totally get that he's usually bang on...  just don't really understand why the promotion don't say if Wells isn't guesting anymore?

Maybe they've been busy with other stuff?

56 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Heard Ricky is doing Amazon deliveries on Sunday.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye pushing Edinburgh to the limit tonight... one meeting doesn't make a season but if am honest it's one more away point than I thought we would get... (Oh hang on cup match no points Doh!) wished I had made the effort to get up there tonight but it would have been a hard pull as I didn't finish in Appleby till 17.00 hrs... but well done to the lads tonight what a great performance and maybe this will quieten some of the detractors...

Looking forward to Sunday and seeing how the little fella Tero does back at Brough as I believe he got amongst the points tonight after sorting out his mechanical problems...

Regards 

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aye pushing Edinburgh to the limit tonight... one meeting doesn't make a season but if am honest it's one more away point than I thought we would get... (Oh hang on cup match no points Doh!) wished I had made the effort to get up there tonight but it would have been a hard pull as I didn't finish in Appleby till 17.00 hrs... but we'll done to the lads tonight what a great performance and maybe this will quieten some of the detractors...

Looking forward to Sunday and seeing how the little fella Tero does back at Brough as I believe he got amongst the points tonight after sorting out his mechanical problems...

Regards 

THJ

10+1, after a last in his first ride.

• Thanks 1

heard rumours that he spent approx. £2k on clutch & spare parts with the threat of scoring double points over him. Plus, he even said after last weeks 6 non finishers in 7 rides, he deserved the criticism & should do better.