British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

06/06/21 1600 Newcastle v Edinburgh (C-KOC) Followed By 1800 Newcastle v Armadale (NDL)

5 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I was told a couple of hours ago that Danny still thinks he might be able to do this meeting as at lunchtime today... and although am not on that bookface thing so I don't know what's been said there the craic today was he still thinks he will be able to do it (but he's the only one who does think that I believe)...

So the line up will be a bit fluid at the minute...

Regards

THJ

The Doctor will make his decision on Friday 

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The Doctor will make his decision on Friday 

So fair play to the lad and my info was correct... he still wants to do it but I also heard it was a bad off with someone running into him so it's right and proper the Doc has the final say...

He's only a bairn really and will heal well and no doubt will be as keen as mustard to get back in the saddle but there's no hurry for him to rush back...

But fair play to him and he sounds like a real tough little nut...

Regards 

THJ 

46 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I was told a couple of hours ago that Danny still thinks he might be able to do this meeting as at lunchtime today... and although am not on that bookface thing so I don't know what's been said there the craic today was he still thinks he will be able to do it (but he's the only one who does think that I believe)...

So the line up will be a bit fluid at the minute...

Regards

THJ

A don't do that 'twit-face' thing either,,, and although not speedway related, the guy from the Blue Chinese is finally hanging up his chopsticks, June 21st, incase you want to savour your last meal from him.

15 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A don't do that 'twit-face' thing either,,, and although not speedway related, the guy from the Blue Chinese is finally hanging up his chopsticks, June 21st, incase you want to savour your last meal from him.

Cheers Ruff but since this Covid carry on I have vowed never to eat another Chinese take away...

I will leave it there otherwise I might get into bother

Regards 

THJ

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Cheers Ruff but since this Covid carry on I have vowed never to eat another Chinese take away...

I will leave it there otherwise I might get into bother

Regards 

THJ

Think he's from Hong Kong, if it makes any difference, but will be a legend lost.

• Like 1

Out of interest were the previous promotion and their merry band in attendance ?

On 6/8/2021 at 6:19 AM, highside said:

Out of interest were the previous promotion and their merry band in attendance ?

No not one of the previous promotion turned up; even Danny Philips who would normally have his dad Martin as his mechanic brought Ged Rathbone to spanner for him instead and from the old "merry band" inner circle; Steve Brock was there still taking the photographs and Roy Clarke was in attendance standing behind me on the terracing but that was it...

Unless anyone knows any different...

Regards
THJ

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No not one of the previous promotion turned up; even Danny Philips who would normally have his dad Martin as his mechanic brought Ged Rathbone to spanner for him instead and from the old "merry band" inner circle; Steve Brock was there still taking the photographs and Roy Clarke was in attendance standing behind me on the terracing but that was it...

Regards
THJ

Ged certainly wasn’t at Newcastle on Sunday

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Well on the signing in sheet on the pits gate Ged Rathbone signed in as Danny Phillips mechanic so the plot thickens... LOL... I will have to ask the question when I get the chance...

Regards
THJ

47 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Neil you are right his name was on the gate to be on the spanners for Danny but someone else signed in against his name... (naughty) so he wasn't there...

Not that he wouldn't have been made very welcome of course...

Regards
THJ

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

The gov may have been at graft 

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Ray Dean (former  turnstile operator ) was also on the terracing 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KEITH M said:

Ray Dean (former  turnstile operator ) was also on the terracing 

Great servant to Newcastle speedway over the years & never ever took a single penny out the club .. so let's give a huge pat on the back

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Neil you are right his name was on the gate to be on the spanners for Danny but someone else signed in against his name... (naughty) so he wasn't there...

Not that he wouldn't have been made very welcome of course...

Regards
THJ

At no point was Ged ever going to be on the spanners for Danny and his name was not down on the sheet that was presented to Danny at the pit gate. His dad has an arm injury preventing him from spannering, otherwise he would have been there. 

21 minutes ago, OML said:

At no point was Ged ever going to be on the spanners for Danny and his name was not down on the sheet that was presented to Danny at the pit gate. His dad has an arm injury preventing him from spannering, otherwise he would have been there. 

Well Ged was on the sign in sheet and someone signed in against his name... 2 + 2 = 5 and my bad... but his name was on that sheet

Regards
THJ