British Speedway Forum
iainb

Craig Cook Sacked!

Maybe there was a falling out/disagreement a la Chris Holder and Batchelor..? Cook doesn't exactly keep his opinions to himself does he?

Disappointed for Craig. It does seem that they had already made their mind up.... you don’t decide one day and suddenly have a replacement within 24 hours.

this has been planned

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe there was a falling out/disagreement a la Chris Holder and Batchelor..? Cook doesn't exactly keep his opinions to himself does he?

I think it's more likely to be due to his anxiety, than his riding on track. I read he was having panic attacks before the Ippo meeting. I don't know if it was true i must add. But wish him well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Disappointed for Craig. It does seem that they had already made their mind up.... you don’t decide one day and suddenly have a replacement within 24 hours.

this has been planned

I'm thinking it might of been mutual. You don't replace Cookie with Lawson to make your team better imho. 

• Like 3

One would imagine Lawson was lined up before Riss had a change of heart so it’s possible something happened last night and Lawson was sorted before this morning. 

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think it's more likely to be due to his anxiety, than his riding on track. I read he was having panic attacks before the Ippo meeting. I don't know if it was true i must add. But wish him well.

If this is true and hes lost his nerve then he needs to quit the sport fairly quick before he hurts himself with over cautious thinking on track.

ive seen it happen to a few riders and they never get their nerve back unfortunatly.

• Like 1

The speedway merry - go- round has already started!!

I have to say after rattling off 3 wins in the first match of the season to finish with 11,to be let go the next match seems very harsh on Cook,IE Already splashed out cash for new machinery etc for the new season and hes out after the second meeting!!!

...... But as i say the speedway merry go round has started,so what are the odds Cook turns up at Sheffield instead of Holder?!!!

3 hours ago, therefused said:

It’s Lawson, it’s been confirmed 

Uninspiring from my perspective.

anyone think this was a financial decision based on crowd levels and the possibility that things won't open as planned?

1 hour ago, M.D said:

If this is true and hes lost his nerve then he needs to quit the sport fairly quick before he hurts himself with over cautious thinking on track.

ive seen it happen to a few riders and they never get their nerve back unfortunatly.

If it is the case. And i say if, because until we hear from either Cookie or someone in the know, we can't be sure. But Cookie has been honest before regarding his health. We will have to see if it's the same with Glasgow i guess. Craig is a quality rider, and if it is the case i wish him a speedy recovery.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, stevehone said:

anyone think this was a financial decision based on crowd levels and the possibility that things won't open as planned?

Not sure Steve. The crowd didn't look bad. Id guess 13-1400.Certanly as good as the crowds before Robert left. It didn't look like the crowd restrictions made any difference to me .No Robert would have saved Buster a good bit this season i would of thought. Now we have to sign another rider because we are even weaker now.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Citing Richards good attitude and not working as a unit i suspect there was various amounts of winging from those who are supposed to be leaders in the team? Fans will put up with underperforming riders far longer than they will those who clearly aren't trying.

Wouldn't get too hung up on riders averages in 2021. Anyone with a 2021 starting average of less than 8, is not a heat leader IMO (averaging 4 second places a meeting ) Very few clubs have "heat leaders" such is the diluted product that is now the post pandemic premiership (PPP)

https://twitter.com/CraigCook111/status/1394420032118181900?s=19

Posted by Craig last week after Ippo match

Definitely more to this and Craig has also tweeted best wishes to us for rest of the season.

Sounds almost by mutual agreement to me and hope he comes out the other side