British Speedway Forum
iainb

Craig Cook Sacked!

43 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

https://twitter.com/CraigCook111/status/1394420032118181900?s=19

Posted by Craig last week after Ippo match

Definitely more to this and Craig has also tweeted best wishes to us for rest of the season.

Sounds almost by mutual agreement to me and hope he comes out the other side

He also posted a positive tweet prior to the wolves meeting. To much being made of his tweet last week, so he admitted to being nervous, who wouldn't be, he won his last 3 rides for goodness sake. 

• Like 1

Trouble is with Cookie, he openly admits he hasn't been on a bike for 18 months, whilst many many others have been practising whenever they can to keep match fit. Whether he thought he would just carry on where he left off in 2019, I don't know, but its pretty naive to think he will just jump on the bike and be just as good.  Last night at Lynn, he seemed completely dis-interested, pulling up at the back etc.  A club cannot afford to carry a number one like that, you have to at least win at home most of the time, to keep the fans coming back. We have so few meetings this year, there isn't really time to carry anyone, particularly your star man.

The fact that it was by mutual agreement means something is up by one or both parties.

Given that Lawson was confirmed less than 24 hrs later just goes to show this was all probably known before the meeting started.

No point speculating, I’m no Cook fan but I hope he is ok. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Definitely more to this and Craig has also tweeted best wishes to us for rest of the season.

Sounds almost by mutual agreement to me and hope he comes out the other side

It doesn't pay to bad mouth clubs when you leave, like you shouldn't bad mouth a company when you leave them, you never know if you'll go back again. Especially in a league of only 6 teams and 3 of them being owned by 1 person.

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

The fact that it was by mutual agreement means

I've not read that it was by mutual agreement anywhere, the KL press release just said he'd been "released"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, iainb said:

It doesn't pay to bad mouth clubs when you leave, like you shouldn't bad mouth a company when you leave them, you never know if you'll go back again. Especially in a league of only 6 teams and 3 of them being owned by 1 person.

I've not read that it was by mutual agreement anywhere, the KL press release just said he'd been "released"

Buster owns Peterborough as well as kings Lynn,  doesn't own Ipswich. 

• Like 2

Just now, Badge said:

Buster owns Peterborough as well as kings Lynn,  doesn't own Ipswich. 

I thought he bought Ippo as well and kind of leased it back to the Louis's?

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Think that was the plan originally but didn't happen 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Badge said:

Think that was the plan originally but didn't happen 

My general point still stands... You don't know what's going to happen in the future so it's wise not to burn your bridges

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iainb said:

It's amazing how many still think this is the case!!

I think that the door will still be open to Craig to return to Lynn if he wants to and can  get over this trouble he is feeling

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It's amazing how many still think this is the case!!

That's because (I'm pretty sure) it was in the original press release and I've seen nothing else that officially says anything to the contrary. I, along with others must have missed this, was there a press release or is it, like much stuff on here, rumour that has now become known fact.

I'm not being funny, I'm genuinely asking

He will end up at Sheffield Jack holder is going to miss to meetings for them he will be released soon :t:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, GAH said:

He will end up at Sheffield Jack holder is going to miss to meetings for them he will be released soon :t:

This wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

That's because (I'm pretty sure) it was in the original press release and I've seen nothing else that officially says anything to the contrary. I, along with others must have missed this, was there a press release or is it, like much stuff on here, rumour that has now become known fact.

I'm not being funny, I'm genuinely asking

It has been public knowledge since before the end of the 2019 season

Certainly reported locally and confirmed in person by Chris Louis when asked by anyone who questioned him about it

I don't remember if there were any pieces on national sources although granted there certainly wasn't any great fanfare

It seems Buster made promises and guarantees but never actually got round to, or perhaps needing to, handing over any money or sign the required paperwork

Ultimately it seems Buster NEVER owned Ipswich even at the outset of 2019 when everyone assumed it was the case

However his word was enough to offer the reassurances that facilitated the move up and the continuation of the league so he can take credit for that

As much as Buster doesn't come across in the best light, gets it very wrong at times and is lampooned by many you cannot doubt his commitment to Speedway

• Thanks 1

People jump the gun as always and dont know the facts. 

• Like 1