British Speedway Forum
iainb

Craig Cook Sacked!

On 5/29/2021 at 1:50 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It has been public knowledge since before the end of the 2019 season

Certainly reported locally and confirmed in person by Chris Louis when asked by anyone who questioned him about it

I don't remember if there were any pieces on national sources although granted there certainly wasn't any great fanfare

It seems Buster made promises and guarantees but never actually got round to, or perhaps needing to, handing over any money or sign the required paperwork

Ultimately it seems Buster NEVER owned Ipswich even at the outset of 2019 when everyone assumed it was the case

However his word was enough to offer the reassurances that facilitated the move up and the continuation of the league so he can take credit for that

As much as Buster doesn't come across in the best light, gets it very wrong at times and is lampooned by many you cannot doubt his commitment to Speedway

Being quoted on the official Ipswich website as confirming “I don’t like Ipswich and never have” on the announcement that he’d purchased the club, wasn’t the smartest idea either!

I know Chris Louis was subsequently bombarded on social media with less than friendly tweets from unhappy Ipswich supporters that he’d “sold out” to someone who had just publicly stated his dislike of the club, and that surely couldn’t have helped matters in the proposed sale. 

Maybe CL then had second thoughts and decided to gamble on the top flight himself?

• Like 2

IF  what was in the press released when Creig was ''Sacked'' by Lynn because he had lost his nerve then it would not return if he had a change of track and would be

a big gamble for Sheffield to change him for Holder.

On 5/29/2021 at 8:44 AM, iainb said:

It doesn't pay to bad mouth clubs when you leave, like you shouldn't bad mouth a company when you leave them, you never know if you'll go back again. Especially in a league of only 6 teams and 3 of them being owned by 1 person.

I've not read that it was by mutual agreement anywhere, the KL press release just said he'd been "released"

The press release said there was no fall out so it would appear both parties agreed. 

As much as Buster doesn't come across in the best light, gets it very wrong at times and is lampooned by many you cannot doubt his commitment to Speedway

Being committed and being good for the sport are not necessarily the same thing.  Certainly there are riders past and present that don’t like the management set up at. KL. 

Beggars can’t be choosers so we have to be grateful for whoever risks his money in promotion,  but beyond that it is difficult to find much positive to say about Buster. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

The press release said there was no fall out so it would appear both parties agreed. 

I'll wait until I hear the other side of the story

Whatever the future holds, I hope that Cook makes the right decision for himself and not because he feels it's the 'right thing to do'.

If (and it's a big if) he's lost his confidence, whether temporarily or permanently, he needs to be given the support to recover his self esteem. There's so much talk of mental issues these days and being nervous about being on a potentially lethal speedway bike is fully understandable from my point of view - wouldn't go near one personally, so I respect those who have the nerve to do so! If that nerve goes, so be it............ and thanks.

Insert other media

So will Ipswich withb3 riders now injured go knocking on Criag's door?

Kingsley never lasted much longer than cook as he’s just been dropped for Connor mountain

17 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Kingsley never lasted much longer than cook as he’s just been dropped for Connor mountain

Should never have got the spot in the first place. 

• Like 3

Now for a 7pt+ man for Proctor and we should be competitive.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2021 at 8:31 PM, iainb said:

I'll wait until I hear the other side of the story

He is already on record thanking the KL fans and club. We now Cook has a story, he always seems to. 

37 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

He is already on record thanking the KL fans and club. We now Cook has a story, he always seems to. 

"Cook has a story" who does that remind you of..... 

5 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

"Cook has a story" who does that remind you of..... 

No idea, enlighten me. 

Cookie didn’t look short on confidence tonight with a last to first on King and Worrall, and an immaculate 15pt maximum.

• Like 2