British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
singy13

Derwent Park Workington

I took some pics yesterday of the current state of the ex speedway track at Workington. That is minus the shale but still lots of concrete around the four bends ... 

G4sr8dVdI4rDIjhWOQjA6ja4isjlbJeHcI1K9_Lun8MiYL-7qyoRU9wDzDtW9PejdTSN=s85      0-hCYC-huMdp2y_BvDnthAXgJISPoZB0tYpSNoG7Mxk5oGeUnZgsoBkjtVmRycBZwpFDjw=s85

Edited by singy13
added pics

You need to upload them to an image hosting site like imgur.com 

Then to post on here just drag and drop the uploaded image from the hosting site to the reply box on here

• Like 1

Your photos could well be too high resolution. Lots of people set camera to high resolution thinking it makes better photo viewing. For computer viewing I found low res 640x480 is fine. There. Is a max total size of .24mb on uploading photos, you probably exceeding that.

• Like 1

What you could do Singy13, is just load a couple or three at a time, making multiple posts, thus not exceeding .24mb limit on each occurrence.

• Sad 1

I have a problem downloading images...given up trying if I'm honest!

• Like 3

As long as you know where the image is on your computer and the image is not too large there should be no problem Steve.  I always use the "choose files" option, this takes me to my computer and just go to the place and file I want. The size of the file (picture) is important, too large and it wont load.

I'll try again............................................oh stuff it.............never had a problem couple of years ago.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 12:56 PM, singy13 said:

I'll try again............................................oh stuff it.............never had a problem couple of years ago.

maybe you are of a certain age  ( over 21 )  .  any primary school kid should be able to help yo out . :t:

me , i am happy just reading and typing ..... :)

• Like 2

I've added a couple of pics to opening post re Derwent Park....hope you can see them tho..ha

• Like 1

it will look the same because that is the shale from Derwent Park ! ! !

The two pics show what is left of the Comets track nowadays...i.e. The concrete base that Ian Thomas and Jeff Brownhutt put in before adding shale, the grooves are from the scraping machines blade ....their is no shale there at DP now at all apparently all taken and dumped at Northside awaiting next track development???

On 6/10/2021 at 9:29 AM, singy13 said:

The two pics show what is left of the Comets track nowadays...i.e. The concrete base that Ian Thomas and Jeff Brownhutt put in before adding shale, the grooves are from the scraping machines blade ....their is no shale there at DP now at all apparently all taken and dumped at Northside awaiting next track development???

Hi Singy - I was at Iwade training track (one mile from Sittingbourne and the Kent Kings) yesterday where one of my sons was practising with others - Heard some good news that Northside would be doing training sessions next month and we were invited to take part - sadly I think it will be too far for us but hope this will be just the sort of news to warm the hearts of all the Workington fans - Will leave you to take it from there - good luck 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Hi Singy - I was at Iwade training track (one mile from Sittingbourne and the Kent Kings) yesterday where one of my sons was practising with others - Heard some good news that Northside would be doing training sessions next month and we were invited to take part - sadly I think it will be too far for us but hope this will be just the sort of news to warm the hearts of all the Workington fans - Will leave you to take it from there - good luck 

Last time I was down Northside, about a month ago it was still a long way from staging speedway, the base to the new extended track was down, but no particular shape, the shale off Derwent park was starting to be sorted, will have a walk down over the bank holiday weekend.

One bit of good news is that tha caravan dwellers that had taken up residence have been expelled, BUT are now all over different parts of Workington including a school playing field !! Also a new security gate at the entrance near the docks has been put up. Wish the guy behind it good luck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Neila said:

Last time I was down Northside, about a month ago it was still a long way from staging speedway, the base to the new extended track was down, but no particular shape, the shale off Derwent park was starting to be sorted, will have a walk down over the bank holiday weekend.

One bit of good news is that tha caravan dwellers that had taken up residence have been expelled, BUT are now all over different parts of Workington including a school playing field !! Also a new security gate at the entrance near the docks has been put up. Wish the guy behind it good luck

Yes much better access road to Northside.

Sad news of a former Comet this morning. :( 

• Sad 1