Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Badge

Wolves v Witches Monday 31st May

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Ouch!!

Well for me, that was an unexpected result. Unfortunately not many positives for Ipswich apart from Crump  not getting injured when when he fell whilst leading in heat 13, luckily the other riders had their wits about them and avoided him. The foibles of speedway ehh ? Drew Kemp had a good points score of 6 , but the only rider he beat was Tom Bacon.

4 hours ago, crumpiefan said:

Currently at Monmore. As I'm nosy but avoiding getting close to anyone, if somebody knows what the barney was outside the stadium at 7pm let us know please.

CVS was involved, 2 or 3 families, tears the works.

Back to the speedway and heat 7!

I came out of the bar for a smoke and CVS looked like he was getting grief off a few people. Basically the bar seats were full up. Presumably because some goon from the council said every other table must be vacant. Of course the tables remaining filled up quickly then people coming into the bar were left standing and presumably got upset about it.

What did they think the promoters could do about it I don't know as their hands are tied. 

Unfortunately this is the net result when the government dishes out powers to local councils. 

• Thanks 1

Did the management not make that known? First come, first served? It would probably have been better to have done online selling for these seats to avoid any backlash?

I was disappointed with Ipswich.  Didn't look like there was much fight in them.

thoroughly outclassed.  wolves have built a much stronger team.

I was in the bar but didn't see any trouble. Our seats were on the back wall so we couldn't see anything from there. We stood up by the seats but a young lady official came over and offered us tickets on the 4th bend which was great. Sorted no problem. The trouble seemed to be there was enough seats but you don't know if your allowed to sit with strangers these days. Could just be teething problems I'd have thought, I'm sure it'll be sorted. Enjoyed being back

16 minutes ago, Petecc said:

I was disappointed with Ipswich.  Didn't look like there was much fight in them.

Don’t think it’s anything to do with fight, the team is just not very good. Yes we won at Lynn, but we got fortunate with track conditions being a leveller early on. When it dried, we were getting 5 oned all over the shop in the second half of the meeting, that despite Lynn being cr@p themselves. That in itself should have been a warning sign. 

Add on to the fact we’re now built a couple of points below the limit, and a couple of riders arrived late and are looking ill prepared all adds up to the pretty obvious thumping we saw last night. 

Take nothing away from Wolves though, they look a fantastic side and it already looks a nailed on Wolves Belle Vue final barring injuries. 

4 hours ago, chun said:

thoroughly outclassed.  wolves have built a much stronger team.

You could barely see Ipswich winning a heat which is never a good sign.

Admittedly Wolves had their gating gloves on but even on the rare occasions Ipswich got out first they got passed almost every time.

11 hours ago, TB1 said:

I came out of the bar for a smoke and CVS looked like he was getting grief off a few people. Basically the bar seats were full up. Presumably because some goon from the council said every other table must be vacant. Of course the tables remaining filled up quickly then people coming into the bar were left standing and presumably got upset about it.

What did they think the promoters could do about it I don't know as their hands are tied. 

Unfortunately this is the net result when the government dishes out powers to local councils. 

Thanks for that, yeah there were definitely 9-10 people congregated round him which looked like a number of families.

Because I just went on the grass bank by the 3rd bend (very close to where Crump fell) I saw no more of it, but one or two of the women were very upset.

40 minutes ago, crumpiefan said:

Thanks for that, yeah there were definitely 9-10 people congregated round him which looked like a number of families.

Because I just went on the grass bank by the 3rd bend (very close to where Crump fell) I saw no more of it, but one or two of the women were very upset.

that crump incident was something else.  He must have been catapulted about 10 feet high!  Did he clip the kerb?  i wasn't all that impressed being exiled out onto the 4th turn but that's where most of the action was.  I got hit by some wayward shale when Douglas shed that chain as well!  Pass of the night was Luke Becker on Danny King in Heat 6.  That kid looks a real prospect.

50 minutes ago, crumpiefan said:

You could barely see Ipswich winning a heat which is never a good sign.

Admittedly Wolves had their gating gloves on but even on the rare occasions Ipswich got out first they got passed almost every time.

schlein had king's number.  you could see Danny was trying but he was powerless to stop the wolves boys going past.  seemed the ipswich riders had the wrong set up as they kept going into the corners too hard and rearing coming off the bends.  heeps and allen were more than disappointing.

8 minutes ago, chun said:

that crump incident was something else.  He must have been catapulted about 10 feet high!  Did he clip the kerb?  i wasn't all that impressed being exiled out onto the 4th turn but that's where most of the action was.  I got hit by some wayward shale when Douglas shed that chain as well!  Pass of the night was Luke Becker on Danny King in Heat 6.  That kid looks a real prospect.

I didn't think he clipped the kerb tbh but it was reported he did, maybe my eyes deceived me.

Rarely do you see that type of crash though.

11 minutes ago, chun said:

According to this report from Ritchie he did hit the kerb

I assumed he must have for the bike to reach that violently although I didn't see the exact moment as I was focussing on the Wolves pair closing in behind

Edited by chun

34 minutes ago, chun said:

I assumed he must have for the bike to reach that violently although I didn't see the exact moment as I was focussing on the Wolves pair closing in behind

Crumpy was trying to stop the inside run as he was been attacked inside and out, spectacular fall and gladly he walked away to a nice round of applause