British Speedway Forum
Badge

Wolves v Witches Monday 31st May

One thing from last night was the 2 minute countdown clock making an appearance. Is this compulsory now. Not that anyone took notice of it

10 minutes ago, bruno said:

One thing from last night was the 2 minute countdown clock making an appearance. Is this compulsory now. Not that anyone took notice of it

Yes compulsory, it’s still the same rule though, must be on track making your way to the start before the 2 mins is up, not at the start ready to race like the GP’s so don’t see the point myself

3 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Yes compulsory, it’s still the same rule though, must be on track making your way to the start before the 2 mins is up, not at the start ready to race like the GP’s so don’t see the point myself

Ok thanks, seems a bit pointless then. Why not just have it same as the Poles. Bonkers

11 hours ago, crumpiefan said:

Thanks for that, yeah there were definitely 9-10 people congregated round him which looked like a number of families.

Because I just went on the grass bank by the 3rd bend (very close to where Crump fell) I saw no more of it, but one or two of the women were very upset.

No worries I felt sorry for the people coming in. Often these decisions are made by people who don't understand the situation. Having said that it seemed to resolve itself. Seems a bit daft though if you were sitting at the back near the bar or the tote booths you had to stand up to watch the racing.

Well, it certainly spat Jason off in a hurry...

56 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Well, it certainly spat Jason off in a hurry...

Can't tell from the video, but could he have hit the kerb ?

23 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Can't tell from the video, but could he have hit the kerb ?

That was my first impression on watching it, and has now been confirmed above. Very fortunate that all the other guys avoided him...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

That was my first impression on watching it, and has now been confirmed above. Very fortunate that all the other guys avoided him...

Watching it at time I was very relieved that the other riders were all able to avoid Crumpie, could have been a lot worse. Surprised about Jason's injuries as he walked back to the pits, but these riders are tough. Get well soon Jason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

If he did hit curb,, that's  pretty rare from these skilled riders

Riders often ride with their front wheel over the inside line/curb perfectly legal, look's to me that things may not have been up to spec? 

4 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Riders often ride with their front wheel over the inside line/curb perfectly legal, look's to me that things may not have been up to spec? 

They do,, but it looked like his back wheel hit it,,, maybe the report is wrong and his chain snapped? 

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I think the Wolves kerb is slightly raised, so shouldn't be ridden over ? I remember Coventry's was flat and on numerous occasions wondered whether a rider had both wheels over the 'white line' which obviously made it very difficult for the ref.

12 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I think the Wolves kerb is slightly raised, so shouldn't be ridden over ? I remember Coventry's was flat and on numerous occasions wondered whether a rider had both wheels over the 'white line' which obviously made it very difficult for the ref.

The wolves kerbs are 50mm above the track as per the rule book states.  So nothing out of spec.

Edited by Trackerman48
Missed some words
  • Like 2