British Speedway Forum
Badge

Wolves v Witches Monday 31st May

2 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Crumpy was trying to stop the inside run as he was been attacked inside and out, spectacular fall and gladly he walked away to a nice round of applause 

it was a nice touch for Masters and Schlein to come and see if Crump was OK.  Shows the respect these boys have for him, but also the genuine concern for his welfare.  The applause was almost an outpouring of relief as that could have ended up so much worse. Masters

13 minutes ago, chun said:

it was a nice touch for Masters and Schlein to come and see if Crump was OK.  Shows the respect these boys have for him, but also the genuine concern for his welfare.  The applause was almost an outpouring of relief as that could have ended up so much worse. Masters

Just read Danny King in for him tonight for Plymouth,  hope it's just soreness and nothing worse.

40 minutes ago, Badge said:

Just read Danny King in for him tonight for Plymouth,  hope it's just soreness and nothing worse.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't concussed although I don't think he hit his head as such

On 5/29/2021 at 5:53 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Mauling for the Witches I’m afraid. Wolves look very very good. 

You certainly knew what you were talking about!

1 hour ago, Badge said:

Just seen a news piece saying he has broken at least 5 ribs and currently remains in hospital

All the best JC for a speedy recovery

• Sad 1

Scott Nicholls guests on Thursday

The Wolves track claims another victim

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, crumpiefan said:

You could barely see Ipswich winning a heat which is never a good sign.

Admittedly Wolves had their gating gloves on but even on the rare occasions Ipswich got out first they got passed almost every time.

Yes indeed and the Wolves riders used ‘Karlsson’s corridor’ off turn two to good effect all evening.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Yes indeed and the Wolves riders used ‘Karlsson’s corridor’ off turn two to good effect all evening.

If only every away rider turning up at Monmore had some knowledge of 'Karlsson's corridor'....

They've done really well to keep it such a secret during all these years haven't they?

Even the many who have guested for Wolves at Monmore over the years obviously haven't been told about it...

And every live TV match from Monmore must not have been watched by any Speedway riders who have ridden there after it was broadcast...

Whisper it....

"They will go in to the first two turns around mid track and then, cut the apex of the second bend, as close to the kerb as is possible, and pass under you, don't ride the inside line apex on turn one as you will drift wide coming out of turn two and get passed, time, and time, and time again".....

This message will self destruct in five seconds. ..:rolleyes:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mikebv said:

If only every away rider turning up at Monmore had some knowledge of 'Karlsson's corridor'....

They've done really well to keep it such a secret during all these years haven't they?

Even the many who have guested for Wolves at Monmore over the years obviously haven't been told about it...

And every live TV match from Monmore must not have been watched by any Speedway riders who have ridden there after it was broadcast...

Whisper it....

"They will go in to the first two turns around mid track and then, cut the apex of the second bend, as close to the kerb as is possible, and pass under you, don't ride the inside line apex on turn one as you will drift wide coming out of turn two and get passed, time, and time, and time again".....

This message will self destruct in five seconds. ..:rolleyes:

Absolutely Mike - myself and my mate watching last night concluded that it may be the case that only Wolves riders are allowed to use the track in that way!

Scott Nicholls was one exception of an away rider who we came up with who seemed to know about it! 

Keep it to yourself though!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Absolutely Mike - myself and my mate watching last night concluded that it may be the case that only Wolves riders are allowed to use the track in that way!

Scott Nicholls was one exception of an away rider who we came up with who seemed to know about it! 

Keep it to yourself though!

Truly amazing isn't it?

Even ex Wolves riders who go there seem to not remember about it...

I have racked my brains over the years to make sense of it and work out why....

And the only plausible and common sense explanation I have is that Peter Adams and CVS are actually "The Men In Black"....

And before each meeting they say hello to the opposition, pull out their "light thingies" and "zap!" every rider from their opponents who instantly forget about 'Karlsson's corridor'...

My tip to any riders going to Monmore this year is if you see the Wolves team, Peter and CVS, all wearing sunglasses, then get yours on pretty damn quick.. !

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Yawn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

I thought you were one of the more sensible posters, obviously not... idiot

Thought Crumpy's chain snapped, sure I saw sparks and the back wheel seemed to be locked up when they pushed it off track.Hope he recovers quick but I have to question why he's come back at 45