Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pvm

Redcar v Edinburgh. May 30th (2.00pm) Championship

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

Fell first bend !

So why was he under the second bend air fence infront of the stand ???

you need to go to spec savers.

3 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

So why was he under the second bend air fence infront of the stand ???

you need to go to spec savers.

Dont need specs he was on bend one was taking out by his team mate all 4 back end off..

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Dont need specs he was on bend one was taking out by his team mate all 4 back end off..

My kids say that when their wrong too !

Bottom line is, the ref made the decision.......the only one open to him and the right one.

4 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

My kids say that when their wrong too !

Bottom line is, the ref made the decision.......the only one open to him and the right one.

Someone help me :t:

18 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

You can disagree all you like but Can only do that for first bend bunching, he fell on the outside of bend two so never ever going to be all 4 back.

I think I have to agree with geoff 100. The incident occurred mid bend (end of bend one and start point of bend 2). I have seen similar incidents many times, with the result being all 4 back. I have to admit, I thought it was harsh on Jordan. James needs to be more aware of where  his partner is. I don't know wether I would say Michael Breckon made a mistake, but he was very harsh on Jordan.

• Thanks 1

As far as I know there is no rule about first bend bunching

If two team members clash & one falls why should it be all 4 back & punish the team that got round the bend safely?

5 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I think I have to agree with geoff 100. The incident occurred mid bend (end of bend one and start point of bend 2). I have seen similar incidents many times, with the result being all 4 back. I have to admit, I thought it was harsh on Jordan. James needs to be more aware of where  his partner is. I don't know wether I would say Michael Breckon made a mistake, but he was very harsh on Jordan.

‘End of bend one and start of bend 2’....so correct decision was made, harsh or not.

7 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

‘End of bend one and start of bend 2’....so correct decision was made, harsh or not.

Like I said, I have seen refs, take the easy option many times and make it all 4 back. It depends wether it was the end of bend one or the start of bend2. I think it was the former.

Last year decider (again) between two well matched teams and most of this thread is about what constitutes first bend bunching :) .

Good to know nothing much changes.

• Like 1

Ball tearer of a meet in more ways than  one , both teams are fairly even as stats show in the early part of season,go the bears for silverware,Wright outclassed by masters

16 hours ago, screm said:

Looks like you missed a cracker.

There was some trial filming taking place for future steaming proposals. Once it is edited it may be made available.

19 hours ago, Technik said:

As far as I know there is no rule about first bend bunching

If two team members clash & one falls why should it be all 4 back & punish the team that got round the bend safely?

Is there a rule that says the ref MUST disqualify someone? :drink:

1 hour ago, tyretrax said:

Is there a rule that says the ref MUST disqualify someone? :drink:

Primary cause of the stoppage should cover it

Yes, if the ref can apportion blame but if not how can he disqualify someone? That's the question.