British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole 4th June 2021. Championship.

Next Friday the Pirates make the long drive north to Glasgow for the championship meeting. A shame it’s behind closed doors as at least a couple of us were planning to head up on the 8 hour trip. 
I have never been to Glasgow speedway and it looks like it’s going to remain this way. £250 return from Southampton with Loganair, plus Travel lodge and taxis from airport to track and track to hotel then back to airport next day.  

So paying the £11.95 for the stream and hoping it’s watchable. 
https://tv.glasgowtigers.co.uk/events

Hoping for the bonus point.

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Next Friday the Pirates make the long drive north to Glasgow for the championship meeting. A shame it’s behind closed doors as at least a couple of us were planning to head up on the 8 hour trip. 
I have never been to Glasgow speedway and it looks like it’s going to remain this way. £250 return from Southampton with Loganair, plus Travel lodge and taxis from airport to track and track to hotel then back to airport next day.  

I don't think anyone is interested in how much it would have cost you,of no relevance whatsoever :blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lewy said:

I don't think anyone is interested in how much it would have cost you,of no relevance whatsoever :blink:

Of far more relevance than your post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lewy said:

As  with the majority of stuff Shovvy posts it's all about one person. Never been any different & probably never will be, the "ego" is massive.

I wonder if anyone could  be bothered to scratch the surface what would be found underneath:)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

As  with the majority of stuff Shovvy posts it's all about one person. Never been any different & probably never will be, the "ego" is massive.

I wonder if anyone could  be bothered to scratch the surface what would be found underneath:)

I Will, long time Eastie fan from 1976, so you would think we would be at loggerheads him being a primate and myself a budgie..

One of the nicest guys you can meet trackside and yes I enjoy his posts on here, humour and digging at fans, riders and clubs but this is a forum and should be both discussion and fun.

Always a welcome poster on this site and thats from a budgie as he would describe me..

26 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Whereas every other post is about the meeting? In fact love him or loathe him, so far Shovvy is the only one who has mentioned speedway and also given a link for anyone wanting to watch it!

Hmm.... lol

So, anyone got the teams? Hope for the sake of the track staff that it’s cooler next week than it is today or they’ll be battling dust !

So is the link enough to watch it or do you need any extra apps/software? 

My husband went out and bought a smart tv so that I could watch it on tv, ( that was his excuse, lol, he really just wanted a bigger telly) beats watching on the phone, the first stream was of very good quality, there was one little glitch when we lost sound for about a minute. The people that were doing the stream normally do football and I think.it was their first time doing speedway, so were concentrating on who was at the front, but I am assured that it will be sorted for the next match, to be aware of all four riders

Edited by Cookiefan

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Stream was very good for the Kent meeting  , don’t anticipate any issues this time either should be a close one looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So is the link enough to watch it or do you need any extra apps/software? 

Just Create your account Which is E Mail and password purchase your ticket and your good to go.

• Thanks 1

Steve shovler could you fly from Bristol ? For future reference easy jet have flights £50 each way for this weekend.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Neila said:

Steve shovler could you fly from Bristol ? For future reference easy jet have flights £50 each way for this weekend.

No spectators allowed at Glasgow yet, we are in tier 3

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

No spectators allowed at Glasgow yet, we are in tier 3

Note I said for future reference. I do know that Nicola won't allow fans in Glasgow :)

It's a real shame that this fixture wasn't  rearranged for when the Covid-19 restrictions are hopefully lifted in Scotland and fans can be back at Ashfield again.

I have been lucky to have visited the Peugeot Ashfield Stadium on several occasions and the track and stadium are a credit to Glasgow Speedway.

I will have to settle with subscribing to watch the live streaming this Friday.

Good luck to both teams. Fingers crossed the Pirates can put up a good show.

• Like 1

The thing that makes it worse is that Glasgow is having its summer this week so the match won't be hampered by rain and cold unlike the Kent fixture. I reckon we would have had a bumper crowd so just hope all Poole fans follow Steve Shovlar's lead and buy a streaming pass. A bit worried by this one as they nearly beat Eastbourne despite their aussies finding it tough. I assume they'll be more at home with Ashfields sweeping bends plus their heat leaders have scored well in the past.